VMASS Benefits Process
STEP 1 - Apply for VA Benefits at Vets.gov
STEP 2 - Complete HCC Admissions application by visiting hccs.edu/apply
STEP 3 - Obtain official transcripts from any other Universities, colleges, trade schools and/or military Institutions you’ve attended.
- Visit jst.doded.mil to access military transcripts.
- For Air Force transcripts, please visit airuniversity.af.edu/Barnes/CCAF/
- All veterans, active duty, active National Guard and Reserves, must submit military transcripts within 30 days from submitting HCC Application.
All transcripts should be submitted to:
Houston Community College
Office of Admission & Records
P.O. Box 667517
Houston, TX 77266
STEP 4 - Visit with an HCC academic advisor to select a VA approved degree program or certificate plan.
STEP 5 - Due to the COVID-19, our campuses and offices are closed. Please email or fax all required and completed documents to Vmassonline@hccs.edu or fax it at 713-718-8444
STEP 6 - Submit VMASS Certification Request
STEP 7 - Register for classes on your approved degree plan.
- VA does not cover classes that are not on
Your approved degree plan.
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31)
- Submit VA form 1905
- Contact the HCC VMASS department/Resource Centers to receive books and
- supply vouchers
- For Veterans & Service Member Transfer Students submit VA Form 22-1995
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Transfer Student (Chapter 35) Submit VA Form 22-5495
VMASS Required Documents by Benefits & Forms
Statement of Intent & Change of Residency Petition