VMASS Benefits Process

STEP 1 - Apply for VA Benefits at Vets.gov

STEP 2 - Complete HCC Admissions application by visiting hccs.edu/apply

STEP 3 - Obtain official transcripts from any other Universities, colleges, trade schools and/or military Institutions you’ve attended.

  • Visit jst.doded.mil to access military transcripts.
  • For Air Force transcripts, please visit airuniversity.af.edu/Barnes/CCAF/
  • All veterans, active duty, active National Guard and Reserves, must submit military transcripts within 30 days from submitting HCC Application.

    All transcripts should be submitted to:
    Houston Community College
    Office of Admission & Records
    P.O. Box 667517
    Houston, TX 77266

STEP 4 - Visit with an HCC academic advisor to select a VA approved degree program or certificate plan.

STEP 5 - Due to the COVID-19, our campuses and offices are closed. Please email or fax all required and completed documents to Vmassonline@hccs.edu or fax it at 713-718-8444

STEP 6 - Submit VMASS Certification Request

STEP 7 - Register for classes on your approved degree plan.

  • VA does not cover classes that are not on

Your approved degree plan.

  • Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31)
    • Submit VA form 1905
    • Contact the HCC VMASS department/Resource Centers to receive books and
    • supply vouchers
  •  Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Transfer Student (Chapter 35) Submit VA Form 22-5495

VMASS Required Documents by Benefits & Forms