International Student Activities
F-1 International Student Ambassadors
Are you an aspiring leader on your HCC campus or in the community? Would you like to help first-year and transfer F-1 international students adjust to life at HCC and in Houston? If so, please consider applying to become an F-1 International Student Ambassador (ISA) for the Fall 2018 semester!
This is a very enriching volunteer opportunity. As an ISA, you would play a crucial role in introducing other international students to campus life and the services that are available to them while studying at HCC. You would also gain valuable leadership experience while taking part in some very fun activities throughout the semester!
For more information on how to become an ISA, please review the applicant requirements below and the list of responsibilities. If you are interested in applying, please complete the ISA Application Fall 2018 and submit it per the instructions listed on the form. Students who have been selected will be notified on August 2.
We look forward to having you join us this semester as an F-1 International Student Ambassador!
- Must be an F-1 international student in good standing at HCC
- Had to have attended HCC for at least one year at the time of application
- Must maintain a grade-point average (GPA) of at least 2.5
- Plans to attend HCC for the semester in which you are applying to be an International Student Ambassador
- If chosen as an International Student Ambassador, you must attend a mandatory training session on Aug. 6 and the Fall 2018 International Student Orientation on Aug. 10
- Help first-year and transfer international students to make adjustments to life at HCC and in Houston
- Help introduce incoming students to campus life and services available to them through the Office of International Student Services & Study Abroad (OISS&SA) and other HCC departments
- Serve as an ambassador for HCC while traveling back home and elsewhere abroad
- Volunteer to attend outreach events (community events, festivals, etc.) as a student ambassador
- May be asked to assist students/families at various HCC events for students and the community, such as orientations, open house, career workshops, transfer fairs, job fairs, etc.
- Speak with incoming international students about your experiences at HCC and how studying here has helped you achieve your goals
- Be a part of an International Student Leader council that meets a few times each semester to discuss ways to improve the international student experience here at HCC
- May be featured/interviewed in HCC videos about student success stories