Tutoring - HCC Virtual Academic Success Centers
Houston Community College is committed to your success, so we offer free real-time video conferencing tutoring, in-person tutoring and online tutoring to HCCS students. Faculty tutors, peer tutors, and lab assistants are available to help with English, Math, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Accounting, Spanish, ESOL and much more. We can help you stay on track with your coursework, understand assignments, and improve your study skills.
Option 1: Virtually meet with a tutor through video conference
Call 713-718-8184 to schedule an appointment
Monday – Thursday: 8am-8pm, Friday: 8am-4pm, & Saturday: 9am-3pm
Option 2: In-person tutoring in Math and Writing/English
Option 3: Submit an assignment to be reviewed online with Upswing
Online tutoring at upswing.io.
Registration is simple:
- Go to hccs.upswing.io
- Use your own HCC student ID # (W-number) as your username and your HCC student e-mail password as your Upsing password.
Watch the video on the bottom of the login-page
Submit questions and papers 24/7/365 and get answers within 48 hours - and usually much faster!
Resources for Microsoft Teams:
- Microsoft TEAMS is accessible to students when they log into their HCC email (Microsoft 365).
- From your Eagle Landing Page, click on Mail and log in with your student email credentials
- Call HCC IT technical support if you encounter log-in issues (713-718-8800)
- Microsoft TEAMS training videos
- Tutoring Call Center representatives will be available to assist as well.
Our Tutoring Centers are here to help you succeed
The College Reading & Learning Association’s (CRLA) International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC) has certified the HCC face-to-face Tutoring Program as a Level 1 Certified Tutor provider. CRLA granted certification for the HCC Tutor programs at the Southeast, Southwest, Central, Coleman, Northeast & Northwest campuses to issue certificates to tutors who meet their requirements. Since 1989, over 1,000 college tutor training programs around the globe have received ITTPC at one or more levels.
- Find a tutor at one of our campuses at hccs.edu/findatutor
- AskOnline Tutoring has changed to hccs.upswing.io
10 Years and Still Growing Strong
Online tutoring at HCC (AskOnline) has completed twelve years of service to students. We are using new technology to provide the same personalized tutoring with HCC staff. Students and faculty can access online tutoring at hccs.upswing.io. Students can use their Active Directory student ID (W-number) and HCC email password, and faculty can use their HCC email and associated password. A video explaining how the new system works is located on the bottom of the Upswing log in page. For more information, please contact Deborah Hardwick (firstname.lastname@example.org).