COVID-19 Financial Aid Update: How to Reach Financial Aid
Financial aid is available to help eligible part-time and full-time students pay for college. It can be a combination of scholarships, grants, loans and Work-Study. Since HCC is multiple start dates, we accept financial aid applications throughout the year. Follow the steps below to apply.
During this time, we understand you need immediate up-to-date information regarding your financial aid eligibility. Although the Office of Financial Aid suspended all in-person service, we are pleased to report that you are still able to reach us by phone, email, in-person and virtual advising.
Click to View Financial Aid COVID-19 Q&A
Find student employment!
Find student employment with HCC’s Traditional Work-Study or Path to Profession Programs!
Traditional Work-Study Program:
Traditional Work-Study is part-time student employment with plenty of open positions and funding available for students who qualify.
With a Traditional Work-Study financial aid award, students can:
- Work part-time on-campus or off-campus (remote positions are available)
- Work up to 19.5 hours per week
- Earn $11.00 per hour (Work-Study award is not a lump sum payment but earned in biweekly checks)
Get familiar with the application process & learn what you’ll need to apply by visiting the FA Traditional Work-Study webpage.
Path to Profession Program:
Path to Profession offers students a unique opportunity to get real world experience within their field of study, while getting paid. This program allows HCC to allocate federal work-study funds to student positions with community partners.
HCC’s Path to Profession Program allows students to:
- Be paid for apprenticeships, internships, clinical rotations, and other career-related positions with community partners
- Students can work up to 40 hours per week
- Hourly pay rate of $15.00
Visit the Path to Profession webpage for more information on this new program