International Check-in and Orientation
International Student Check-In and Orientation
INTERNATIONAL ORIENTATION: Mandatory for NEW, TRANSFER, CHANGE-of-STATUS and REINSTATEMENT students (see below for details)
INTERNATIONAL CHECK-IN: Mandatory for NEW, CHANGE-of-STATUS, TRAVEL REINSTATEMENT students (see below for details)
*Transfer Students do not need to go through the check-in process.
New International Student Check-In Schedule
Summer 2019 Check-In Location/Details
When you enter the United States, you will need to report to the Office of International Student Services & Study Abroad (OISS&SA) for the mandatory New Student Check-in. Please see the schedule below for the available dates and times. It is important that you attend one of the designated days.
The Summer 2019 check-in period runs from April 23 through May 16, 2019. There are multiple days scheduled for the new student check-in; please come to only one. Please do not wait until the last day! Classes fill up quickly. You must report to our office no later than May 17, 2019.
Office of International Student Services & Study Abroad (OISS&SA)
3200 Main St. (1st Floor of the Parking Garage)
Houston TX 77002
Parking: Parking is available in the Rosalie Lot (corner of Travis St. and Rosalie St., behind the HCC Administration Building).
WHAT TO BRING
When reporting for check-in, please bring COPIES the following:
- Completed International Student Check-In Form
- SEVIS Form I-20 (original and a copy)
- Passport photo page and Visa
- I-94 - you can print your Most Recent I-94 at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov. If you receive an error that your I-94 was "Not Found", follow the directions in this document to request a correction to your I-94 record: I-94 Correction Instructions
- Receipt of online payment or check or money order for the $50.00 orientation fee – you can pay this with a credit card online through the PeopleSoft / Student Account sign-in or in person at any campus cashier’s office. You may also bring a check or money order with you to the OISS&SA check-in.
Again, OISS&SA does NOT MAKE COPIES
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE COPIES OF YOUR DOCUMENTS, WE WILL SEND YOU TO GET THEM AND COME BACK.
Summer 2019 Check-in Schedule
|April 23||10 a.m. – 1 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200-C Main St.)|
|April 25||10 a.m. – 1 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200-C Main St.)|
|April 30||10 a.m. – 1 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200-C Main St.)|
|May 2||10 a.m. – 1 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200-C Main St.)|
|May 7||10 a.m. - 1 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200-C Main St.)|
|May 9||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200-C Main St.)|
|May 14||10 a.m. - 3 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200-C Main St.)|
|May 16||10 a.m. - 1 p.m.||OISS&SA (3200-C Main St.)|
* Please Note: If you are Transfer Student, you do not need to check in. However, you must still attend the Mandatory New Student Orientation.
Mandatory International Student Orientation
International Student Orientation is mandatory for all incoming New, Change-of-Status, Transfer and Reinstatement international F-1 students for the Summer 2019 semester.
If you do not attend the entire orientation, a hold will be put on your student account that will prevent you from enrolling in classes.
Topics to be covered
- Meeting and Making New Friends
- Cultural Adjustment
- Maintaining Your F-1 Status
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Campus and Student Life
May 17, 2019 (10 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
*Plan to arrive latest at 9:30 am! Students MUST be on time for the start of orientation at 10 a.m. Those who arrive late are at risk of not being allowed to attend.
*You are expected to treat orientation as if it is a class.
HCC Central Campus (1300 Holman Street, Houston 77004)
San Jacinto Building, Auditorium
- Student Lot 13 (Corner of San Jacinto Street and Alabama Street)
- Student Lot 3 (Corner of San Jacinto Street and Holman Street)
- Student Lot 9 (Corner of Crawford and Holman Street)
- Parking Garage (Corner of La Branch Street and Winbern Street)
Check your email account for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org sent to you on 5/1/2019 or later and follow the instructions. The subject of the email is Summer 2019 International Student.
- No Children, please. You are expected to treat orientation as if it is a class.
- Attendance is mandatory. Please email email@example.com or call 713-718-8521 for any questions.