The mission of the HCC Counseling Department is to provide holistic support for students pursuing their educational goals. In order to accomplish this mission, we will provide a full range of professional services including personal and mental health counseling, career counseling, academic skills enhancement, outreach programming, consultation, and crisis intervention.
Who we are
Who we are
"HCC Counselors are licensed-professionals with masters or doctoral degrees who offer free, time-limited, short-term counseling to currently enrolled students.HCC COUNSELORS
What we do
What we do
"We offer Personal Counseling, Career Counseling, Crisis Counseling, Student Success Retention and ADA Counseling Services.Counseling Services
We offer the following Counseling Services
Free online resources for students
- The Alcohol eCHECKUP TO GO provides accurate and personalized feedback about: individual drinking pattern; risk patterns; aspirations and goals; and helpful resources at Houston Community College and in the community.
- UpTo Date
Community Referral Resources
- NAMI the National Alliance on Mental Illness is that nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization.
- The Council on Recovery The Council’s Center for Recovering Families is Houston’s premier outpatient provider of treatment for alcoholism, substance abuse, and mental health disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) The National Institute on Drug Abuse is a United States federal-government research institute whose mission is to "lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction."
- 211info.org A non-profit organization that serves as an information hub, providing referrals for housing, health care, child care, food, and other resources.
- Coalition for the homeless The Coalition for the Homeless of Houston/Harris County is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide leadership in the development, advocacy, and coordination of community strategies to prevent and end homelessness.
- Houston Food Bank 713.223.3700 America’s largest food bank in distribution leading hunger relief in 18 southeast Texas counties.
- Harris County Community Services Department This office is focused on addressing the housing, infrastructure and public service needs of the low to moderate income community in Harris County.
Legacy Community Health Services 832-548-5000 or 832-548-5100 As a full-service, Federally Qualified Health Center, Legacy identifies unmet needs and gaps in health-related services and develops client-centered programs to address those needs. A United Way-affiliated agency since 1990, we currently provide adult primary care, pediatrics, dental care, vision services, behavioral health services, OB/GYN and maternity, vaccinations and immunizations, health promotion and community outreach, wellness and nutrition, and comprehensive HIV/AIDS care.
- United Way 713-685-2300 United Way of Greater Houston engages caring people to improve lives and build a stronger community.
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- Stalking Resource Center
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Mental Health America of Greater Houston
The information provided by the external resources including third-party websites is designed to provide helpful information on the topic. Their content is not controlled by HCC and they are not meant to be used to diagnose or treat any condition. HCC makes no representation as to the accuracy of the content.
Off-campus crisis resources
Resources for Paying Bills: Harris County Assistance Programs:
If you are homeless and in need of immediate assistance, please call 211
Coalition for the Homeless of Houston/Harris County, Inc.:
2000 Crawford Street, Suite 700, Houston, TX 77002
Doris and Carlos Morris Men’s Development Center
1811 Ruiz, Houston, TX 07705
Phone: (713) 227-8900
Mission of Yahweh (Women & Children)
10247 Algiers Rd, Houston, TX 77041
Phone: (713) 466-4785
Open Door Mission Foundation:
5803 Harrisburg Blvd. Houston, TX 77011
Phone: (713) 921-7520
Salvation Army - The Center of Hope for men.
1717 Congress St, Houston, TX 77002
Salvation Army Family Residence for women and children
1603 McGowan St, Houston, TX 7700
Phone: (713) 650-6530
Salvation Army Conroe’s Red Shield Lodge for individuals and families
304 Avenue E, Conroe, Texas 77301
Phone: (936) 760-2440
Santa Maria Hostel, Inc. (Women)
2005 Jacquelyn Dr. Houston, Texas 7705
SEARCH Homeless Services (Jail In-Reach Program):
2015 Congress Avenue, Houston, Texas 77002
Phone: (713) 739-7752
Star of Hope
4848 Loop Central Dr., Suite 500 Houston, TX 77081
Phone: (713) 748-0700
For a list of housing resources, please visit:
Free online career inventory resources
- ASVAB Career Exploration Program (CEP) ASVAB CEP empowers students nationwide to discover their strengths and interests then map out post-secondary plans that work. Start exploring. It's free!
- Career OneStop - U.S. Department of Labor Your source for career exploration, training & jobs Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor. A proud partner of the American job center network.
- O*NET® Career Exploration Tools The O*NET® team has designed a set of self-directed career exploration/assessment tools to help workers consider and plan career options, preparation, and transitions more effectively. They also are designed for use by students who are exploring the school-to-work transition. The assessment instruments, which are based on a "whole-person" concept, are grouped into three major families: O*NET Ability Profiler; O*NET Interest Profiler; O*NET Work Importance Locator.
Find a Counselor
To schedule a counseling appointment, contact the campus counseling office directly.