The mission of the HCC Counseling Department is to provide holistic support for students pursuing their educational goals. In order to accomplish this mission, we will provide a full range of professional services including personal and mental health counseling, career counseling, academic skills enhancement, outreach programming, consultation, and crisis intervention.Find a Counselor
HCC Counselors include masters or doctoral level licensed professionals (LPC, LMFT, LCSW, and LP) and Counseling interns under supervision. HCC Counselors provide the following confidential services for HCC students:
- Educational Counseling
- Career Counseling and Coaching
- Personal and Mental Health Counseling
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Title IX related counseling (domestic/sexual violence, sexual harassment)
- Successful Learning Intervention Program (SLIP)
- SLIP Survey
- Student Success Workshops (anxiety and stress management, goal-setting, etc.)
- Degree Plan Completion and Transfer Planning
- Early Alert Assessment and Intervention
- Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment Team (BITAT) Consultation
- Referral Counseling
- Referral Resources
- Disability Services
If you are interested in developing any of the desirable student success outcomes or receiving any of the services listed above, please contact a counselor at any of the HCC colleges.
When are Counselors available?
Counselors are available by appointment during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 6:30 pm
- Fridays 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Hours may vary across campuses.
Walk-in hours are Monday through Thursday:
- 10:00 am to 12:00 noon
- 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Hours may vary across campuses.