Hire Eagles - Employers
Houston Community College at a Glance
Houston Community College (HCC) is one of the most diverse institutions in the United States! Did you know we have the largest international student population of all community colleges? Employers interested in recruiting for diversity should consider adding Houston Community College to their campus recruiting schedules every year!
- Fall 2016: Female 58% - Male 42%
- Total Semester Credit Hours Enrolled: 57,000+
- Annual Total Enrollment: 100,000+
- Fall 2016: Hispanic - 37%, African American - 30%, Asian - 15%, White - 14%, Other - 4%
- Fall 2016: 6,980
- Top Five Countries of Origin: Vietnam - 1,163, Mexico - 809, China - 453, Venezuela - 378, India - 350
More details regarding HCC facts and figures can be found online: 2016-2017 HCC Factbook
What are the types of workforce programs HCC offers?
Houston Community College offers the following workforce programs:
- Public Safety
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Digital & Information Technology
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Construction Management Technology
- Global Energy
- Health Sciences
- Consumer & Art Sciences
- Media Arts & Technology
- Material Science
Career & Job Placement Services highly encourages employers to research the workforce programs prior to reaching out to the Career Centers. Each workforce program has potentially numerous certificates/degrees and majors/ specialties that can be very valuable to employers seeking specific skill-sets. We can assist you with recruiting talent from these programs.
How do employers recruit students/alumni at HCC?
5 Steps To Recruit HCC Eagles
- Post: In order to maintain communication with Career & Job Placement Services as well as to ensure 50,000+ students have the option of learning about your company, we recommend that employers create profiles and post a co-op/internship and/or job online in our Virtual Career Center. We send notifications regarding upcoming events to employers registered in our database.
- Recruit: Get out of the office and come recruit students directly at our Career Fairs! We highly recommend you visit our Career Fairs & Events page to see when our Career Fairs will be taking place. Employers can RSVP for HCC Career Fairs & Workshops within the Virtual Career Center.
- Interview: If you are interested in connecting with students directly then our Campus Interview process will be easier for you to locate candidates by scheduling real interviews at the respective Career Center which supports the program(s) you are interested in engaging. Employers can submit Interview Schedule Requests in the Virtual Career Center.
- Co-Op: Students enrolled in workforce programs are always looking for ways to apply learned skills in a real work environment. We are seeking Co-Op/Internship Employer Partners!. Career & Job Placement Services will be launching our Co-op & Internship Program. This program provides employers who are interested in establishing a permanent talent pipeline a formal process to post internships/jobs, interview, and hire HCC students for part-time/full-time positions.
- Engage: Career & Job Placement Services has six Career Centers located at each of the main college campuses throughout the HCC system. The Career Centers support the workforce programs mentioned above. The Career Centers are specialized as they specifically host events for and assist employers from industries that hire students enrolled in the relevant workforce program(s) the Career Center supports. Engaging and building a relationship with the staff at the relevant Career Center(s) is vital to any strategic recruiting plan.
We have made it convenient for students and employers to decipher which Career Center(s) to engage. We highly recommend learning as much as possible about the recruiting process online prior to contacting the Career Center(s).
Post - The Virtual Career Center
Houston Community College does have a job board where Employers from all industries can post the following:
- Part-time job
- Full-time job
- Volunteer opportunity
Career & Job Placement Services manages the HCC job board, Hire An Eagle, and has the right to refuse access to any employer or organization.
Employers can log in to Hire An Eagle (Virtual Career Center) to perform the following actions:
- Create an online profile in the system
- Post co-op/internship and career opportunities
- Register for Career Fairs & Career Development Seminars
- Request an Interview Schedule for a career opportunity
- Request Resume Books for potential candidates
The first step to recruiting at HCC is creating an employer profile and posting the opportunity online. The job board is accessed by thousands of students/alumni from all of the aforementioned workforce programs. After creating the profile and posting the job, both will be reviewed by a representative from Career & Job Placement Services. If there are concerns regarding the information in the profile or posting then the employer will be notified. The job postings will remain visible for 30-60 days at a time, if approved.
Recruit - 4 ways to recruit HCC Eagles
We offer the following services to employers interested in recruiting HCC Eagles throughout the year.
- Career Fairs - We host Career Fairs throughout the year for employers to recruit students. Employers register for Career Fairs within the Virtual Career Center. Starting in the Fall 2018, we will begin offering Industry-Focused Career Fairs at all of the main campuses in the system. Stay tuned!!!
- Recruit Eagles Booth - The Recuit Eagles Booth is similar to what an employer would have at an actual Career Fair. We recommend that employers bring job descriptions, giveaways, and any other pertinent information a student should have in order to learn more about the company. This is a new service provided by Career & Job Placement Services and there is no cost. For now, employers will need to contact the relevant Career Center to register a booth in a high traffic area on campus. In the future, this process will be completely online as far as registering a booth and selecting a date and time as well as the specific location of where the requested booth should be placed. Stay tuned!!!
- Company Networking Day - This is exactly what it sounds like! This is an opportunity for employers to host their very own Information Session/Career Fair on an HCC campus. In partnership with the respective Career Center(s), employers will be able to reserve a room and the Career Center will actively engage the targeted majors about the Networking Day. We recommend that these types of events are hosted either in the late afternoon or early evening (3:00pm-6:00pm). Employers can plan as they would for a Career Fair as well as make plans to interview candidates that meet minimum requirements for the role.
- Campus Interviews - As mentioned before, Career & Job Placement Services has launched the HCC Co-op & Internship Program. This program is placement based and is geared to connect employers and students quickly through a refined recruitment process. Stay tuned!!
Questions regarding these services can be directed to the Director of Career & Job Placement Services, James Mable.
Engage- The Career Centers
Career & Job Placement Services has six specialized Career Centers positioned throughout the HCC system in order to support the workforce programs. Below you will find the Career Centers and the programs they support.
Recruit Eagles Booth Request Link
A Recruit Eagles booth is an opportunity for companies/organizations to promote their brand, services, and job opportunities to HCC Eagles anywhere in the Houston Community College System. Companies request this service when they want to have a table in a high traffic area on campus. Career & Job Placement Services highly recommends that employers reserve Recruit Eagles Booths throughout the year in order to promote brand awareness. We also have provided this service in order to be more conducive to HCC Eagles being hired for roles in the Houston job market.
This link below is not a link to register for a Career Fair. Scroll down below for information about HCC Career Fairs!
HCC Career Fairs
HCC Career Fair Schedule
HCC Career Fairs are great oppportunities to recruit students from around the Houston area! HCC serves 100,000+ students so there are countless opportunities for employers to network and hire students and alumni. We invite all majors to our General Career Fairs while our Industry-Focused Career Fairs are named accordingly so the student will know which industries are invited. We highly encourage you to contact a Career Center on your side of town to find out which Career Fairs they will be hosting. Career Fairs are free except for the Westloop & Stafford Career Fairs.
- Hire An Eagle Career & Job Fair - Northeast
- 10/2/2018 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Eagles Soar Career & Job Fair - Southeast
- 10/9/2018 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Stafford Career & Job Fair - Southwest
- 10/11/2018 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Coleman Cares Healthcare Fair - Medical Center
- 10/17/2018 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Media Arts, & Technology Career Fair - Northwest
- 10/18/2018 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Consumer Arts & Sciences Career Fair - Central
- 10/18/2018 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- West Loop Career & Job Fair - Southwest
- 10/25/2018 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Construction Technology Career Fair - Central
- 10/31/2018 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- HCC Stars & Stripes Veterans Career Fair Expo
- 11/7/2018 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Advanced Manufacturing Career and Internship Huddle - Southwest
- 11/8/2018 10:00 AM—2:00 PM
- Public Safety Career & Job Fair - Northeast
- 11/14/2018 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Engineering Career & Internship Fair - Northwest
- 11/15/2018 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Business Internship Fair & Roundtable - Southwest
- 11/15/2018 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Digital & Information Technology Career Internship Fair - Southwest
- 11/29/2018 10:00 AM –2:00 PM
Employers can register for HCC Career Fairs in the Virtual Career Center.