Get your Student ID
Student ID’s Available at Select Locations
Students may obtain a student ID badge at select locations listed below. No appointment will be necessary.
Where do I get an HCC ID card?
Students who have registered for courses and have a payment or financial aid on file may obtain a student ID badge at the locations below. Hours for each location are listed below and no appointment is necessary.
Central Campus | Monday-Thursday 8 am to 5 pm
Houston, Texas 77004
Learning Hub (LHSB) | 2nd Floor
South Campus | Monday & Wednesday 10 am to 4 pm
1990 Airport Boulevard
Houston, TX 77051
Willie Lee Gay Hall | Enrollment Services, Rm. 131
Coleman Campus | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
1900 Pressler Street
Houston, Texas 77030
Health Science Building | Atrium - Reception Desk
Northline Campus | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
8001 Fulton St.
Houston, Texas 77022
Student Services Registration Area
Northeast (Codwell) Campus | | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
555 Community College Drive
Houston, TX 77013
Student Services Registration Area
Alief Hayes Campus | | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
2811 Hayes Rd.
Houston, Texas 77082
Main building | Front info desk
Alief Bissonnet Campus | | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
13803 Bissonnet St.
Houston, Texas 77083
Main Building | Front Desk
Katy Campus | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
1550 Foxlake Dr
Houston, TX 77084
Main Building | Room 103 (Campus Management Office)
Spring Branch Campus | | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
1010 W. Sam Houston Pkwy N.
Houston, Texas, 77043
Main Building | Room CA1 (Campus Management Office)
West Loop Campus | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
5601 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77081
Stafford Campus | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
10041 Cash Rd.
Stafford, TX 77477
Learning HUB | Cashier Office
Missouri City Campus | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
1600 Texas Parkway
Missouri City, TX 77489
Eastside Campus | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
Houston, TX 77087
Learning HUB 102 | Business Office
Felix Fraga Campus | Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
301 North Drennan Street
Houston, TX 77003
Academic Building | Room 190
Why do I need an HCC ID card?
All Houston Community College employees and current students must obtain an HCC photo identification card.
What You Get to Do with ID Card
- Access library and computer lab usage, offices providing student services, college activities, and elections for student leaders.
- Receive discounts or free admission to events.
- Access HCC Vehicle Assistance Program.
About Your ID Card
- It is unique to you.
- It is not transferable and is only for your personal use.
- Allowing someone else to use your card or using someone else’s card is prohibited and may result in the suspension of your ID card privileges and /or other disciplinary actions.
- Employees and students must be prepared to present their photo IDs upon request of a college official.
- Identification after hours or in an emergency.
What do I need to get my ID card?
Student Identification (ID) Cards are available once a student has registered and has a payment or financial aid on file.
To obtain their ID card, students will need to provide their student identification number (EMPLID); current student receipt, along with any one of the following:
- Valid Driver’s License/Government Issued ID Card
- Valid passport/Visa
- Recent photo identification from another college/High School
How long does the process take?
The process should take approximately ten (10) minutes.
What should I do if I lose my ID card?
If students lose their ID cards, they should:
- Report it to the police by calling 713-718-8888 as soon as it is discovered as missing.
- Log into the Student System to report their card loss. Complete the steps and obtain a reference number. Once you have reported your card lost/stolen/damaged, all access and privileges will be deactivated.
To obtain a replacement card, please initiate the process at the college campus you attend. A nominal fee will be charged for the replacement of lost ID cards.
Is there a cost to replace my ID card?
Badge Operator responsibility when cards are reported lost, stolen, or damaged:
- For cards that are reported lost or stolen within forty-eight hours, there is no charge.
- For cards that are reported lost or stolen outside of the 48-hour time frame, there is a $15 replacement cost for both students and employees.
- For cards that are reported damaged, there is no charge. The person reporting this should bring the damaged badge/pieces to the Badge Operator for destruction.