Who Should Apply
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is designed for business owners who have a business poised for growth. We look for applicants who are passionate about growing their business, creating jobs in their communities, and who generally meet these criteria.
Minimum Requirements to Apply - Some Flexibility will apply to minimum requirements due to Covid-19 Impact.
- The applicant must be the small business owner or small business co-owner.
- The business has been in operation for at least two years
- Business revenues over $150,000 in the most recent fiscal year
- Business with a minimum of least four employees (including the owner)
The 10,000 Small Business Experience
To get the most out of the 10,000 Small Businesses program, business owners are asked to invest their time to engage in the following:
- Attend the program orientation
- Complete the 11 convenient learning sessions
- Participate in out-of Class activities, including completing assignments, attending networking events, and business support clinics (all clinic dates and times provided).
- Commit to creating the required business growth plan over the course of the program.
2 Step Application Process
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The application process is a two-step process. Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email confirming its receipt and additional follow-up to denote the cohort for which you are being considered.
Step 1 Application
Create an account to access the Part 1 online form. The application is an initial assessment designed to help us understand you, your business, and why you are interested in the program. The online form takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. Once the online form is completed, click submit using the link below.
Following your submission, all candidates will be notified regarding their application status, and whether they will advance as a finalist to the interview round. We receive numerous applications so be patient as we communicate with every applicant.
Step 2 Addendum
If selected for an interview, you will be asked to complete the interview addendum, which includes additional questions along with the request for the submission of supporting documentation. All information submitted is private and kept confidential.
- Copy of your driver's license or copies of both your state/national ID and passport
- Year-end Balance Sheet
- Year-end Profit & Loss Statement
- Year-to-date Balance Sheet
- Year-to-date Profit & Loss Statement
- Legal Entity Certification - please note a copy of any one of the following is acceptable: Document of Legal Entity, Business Certification form, or Articles of Incorporation
- Most recent federal business tax return - please note a copy of any one of the following is acceptable: Form 1065, Form 1120-S, or Schedule C Proof of ownership - please note a copy of any one of the following is acceptable: Stock Certificate, Schedule B (filed with Form 1065), Schedule E (filed with form 1120), or Schedule K-1 (filled with Form 1065 or form 1120-S)
Once you have submitted all of the addendum requested by our program managers you will be sent an email with the interview date and time. This will be a panel interview and will last approximately 25 minutes. There will be a pre-interview breakfast that will provide an overview of the program expectations, interview process, and opportunity for Q&A.