Texas Public Education Grant
About the TPEG
Texas Public Education Grants (TPEG) is authorized by the State of Texas from tuition revenues generated by Houston Community College. Award amounts vary based on the availability of funds and the number of eligible applicants. For more information, visit College for all Texans.
How to Apply
- Complete HCC Continuing Education Admission application
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid FSA ID - Apply If you are an independent, only you will need a FSA ID. If you are a dependent, you and one of your parents/guardians will also need to apply for a FSA ID.
- Complete the FAFSA application To complete the FAFSA application, your current 1040 income tax information is required. In order for Financial Aid to view your application, please enter the HCC School Code: 010422
- Set up a meeting with your CE Certificate program representative. Bring a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) to the Orientation.
- Eligibility status requirements will be determined in approximately 7-10 business days after all required application documentation is received. Do not register for classes unless TPEG is approved. TPEG award notification will be sent via email.
- Once award notification is received, coordinate start date with CE Staff or Program Manager in order to register for classes.
Funds are awarded to eligible applicants on a firstcome, firstserved basis while funds are available. For more information visit: hccs.edu/ce, call 713.718.8905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be registered in a course before TPEG can be posted to your account.
- You must pass all registered program coursework in order for subsequent coursework to be funded.
- You will only be eligible for one certificate to be funded by TPEG per academic year.
Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) is available for qualified students in the following approved continuing education programs:
Air Conditioning Technician (English/Spanish)
CCNA-Cisco Certified Network Associate
Certified Associate in Project Management
Certified Logistics Associate (CLA)+ Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
Certified Nurse Aide
Certified Production Technician
Child Development Associate
Commercial Truck Driving
Comprehensive Medical Coding Systems
Construction Project Management
Desktop Support and Networking Specialist
Electrical Technician (English/Spanish)
Electrocardiography Monitoring/Telemetry Technician
Forklift Operator Certificate
Human Resource Management
Industrial Scaffold Builder
Introduction to Pipe welding
IT Network Technology
Medical Business Office Professional
Microsoft Certified Solution Associate
Multi-Family Property Management
Network+ Certification FastTrack
Patient Care Technician
Plumbing I & II
Programmable Logic Controllers
Project Management Certification
Stationary Engineer/Boiler Operator
System Applications and Products (SAP)
Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Welding Technician (English/Spanish)
Welding, TIG (GTAW)
HCC TPEG Grant Funds | 21-22 Award Year
2021-2022 Available Funds for Student Awards
2021-2022 Available Funds for Student Awards – $1,100,000
Priority Order to Award TPEG need-based funds to TASFA and FAFSA Eligible Students (Fall and Spring):
Undocumented State Aid Eligible Students:
- Award amounts = TEOG awards based on enrollment status
- Based on availability of Funding
Federal Aid Eligible Students:
- Ineligible for TEOG
- High need but missed Pell eligibility – EFC between 5847 – 7500
- Unmet need greater than $1,000
- Have not been awarded any other grant aid
- Must meet SAP (not on warning or probation)
- Enrolled in 6 or more credit hours
Fixed awards based on enrollment status:
6-8 credits – $500
9-11 credits – $750
12+ credits – $1000
Awards will depend on availability of funding.
Continuing Education Information regarding TPEG eligibility can be found here.