The COVID-19 situation evolves and changes rapidly, and the Financial Aid Office is committed to communicating updates as things change. You can rely on our Q&A page for t most up-to-date information regarding HCC’s Financial Aid Services. Click here to view the Financial Aid COVID-19 Q&A.
Financial Aid Announcements
COVID-19 Update | Fall 2021
- COVID-19 FINANCIAL AID UPDATE: We understand that the COVID-19 situation has many of our students facing challenges in employment, childcare availability and course delivery. During this time, we understand you need immediate up-to-date information regarding your financial aid eligibility. You can rely on our Q&A page for the most up-to-date information regarding HCC’s Financial Aid services. Click here to view Financial Aid COVID-19 Update.
- EMERGENCY AID AVAILABLE: To find out more about eligibility requirements and how to apply for assistance, visit our Emergency Help Page.
- TWO WAYS TO FILL OUT THE 2021-2022 FAFSA: ONLINE AND MOBILE APP: Once you’re ready, you have two ways to complete the FAFSA form —the fafsa.gov website or the new myStudentAid mobile app. Using the app, you can fill out the FAFSA form safely and securely from your mobile device. On the app, you can also manage your FSA ID, view your federal student aid history and loan information, and more. The myStudentAid app is available from both the Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android).
- STATE AID FOR UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS: Qualifying undocumented students are eligible to receive state financial aid. The first step is to fill out the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA). For more information, please click here.
Are all of your courses covered by Financial Aid?
Financial Aid is awarded based on your enrollment status.
- Full-Time Status – Enrolled in 12 or more credits
- Three-Quarter-Time Status – Enrolled in 9 – 11 credits
- Half-time Status – Enrolled in 6 – 8 credits
- Less than Half-Time Status – 1 – 5 credits
When you enroll in a course that is not part of your active program plan, the course credits cannot be counted toward the enrollment status that determines the amount of financial aid awarded to you.
Your financial aid has been adjusted based on the classes that apply to your program plan. If your adjusted financial aid package is not enough to cover full cost of the courses that aren’t on your program plan, you will be responsible for any unpaid tuition and fees.
NEXT STEPS: CONTACT YOUR ASSIGNED ACADEMIC ADVISOR
Please connect with your assigned academic advisor to review which courses you need to complete your academic program plan. Below are steps to find your assigned academic advisor.
- Visit HCC MyEagle https://myeagle.hccs.edu and select ‘Student Sign-in’ to login
- Click Continue
- Select “Academic Progress” tile
- Select “Advisors” on left to see assigned academic advisor
To contact an Academic Advisor, please visit the Virtual Lobby page to access virtual and in-person services.
HCC Financial Aid and Student Services Partner With Trellis Company
Trellis Company is a trusted partner, affiliated with the U.S. Department of Education, who has partnered with HCC to improve message flow to students. Financial Aid and Student Services work closely with Trellis to create content for text messages, phone calls, and print mail for students regarding important information related to their student accounts.
Trellis operates as a catalyst to get important messages to students about enrollment, financial aid, programs, resources, and associated deadlines. All messaging from Trellis Company is approved by HCC Financial Aid and Student Services Departments before distribution. Students who provide information to Trellis can rest assured that their information is secure and reported to the proper HCC staff members if further action is needed.
Questions regarding the trusted partnership between HCC and Trellis Company can be answered by contacting Financial Aid or Student Services.
Check Status and Contact Financial Aid
Financial aid is available to service students at campus locations during the following hours.
- Spring Branch
- West Loop
- Monday—Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Katy and Spring Branch hours:
- Monday—Thursday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday | CLOSED
Coleman & South Campus hours:
- Tuesday & Thursday Only | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Starting Monday, August 2, 2021, the Financial Aid Office Call Center schedule will be:
- Monday—Thursday | 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday | 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Students can reach financial aid by phone at: 713-718-2000 option 2.
Please note, we may be experiencing unusually high call volumes so if you are unable to reach us by phone, please view multiple ways to contact us below.
ZOOM LOBBY HOURS
- Monday—Friday | 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
We have a team of financial aid advisors and assistants available to answer your questions in a timely manner. To ensure we adhere to identity verification requirements, we are requiring all students to communicate with the Financial Aid Office using their HCC student email accounts.
Please use your student email account to email the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. To access your student email, please visit: myeagle.hccs.edu and select the email icon/tile.
Dropbox Locations to Submit Documents
We're happy to announce that student document drop off boxes are now available at the various locations listed below. Students who wish to submit their documents in-person can now do so safely and securely during the day as well as after hours.
District | 3100 Main St West Entrance of the Building
Central Learning Hub | 1300 (B) Holman 77004
Coleman | 1919 Pressler 77030
South East (Southeast Learning Hub) | 6815 Rustic St. 77087
Northline (North Entrance Building A) on Lyerly St | 8001 Fulton 77022
West Loop | 5601 West Loop South 77081
Alief - West Houston Institute | 2811 Hayes 77082
Stafford- Stafford Learning Hub | 10041 Cash Rd. 77477
Spring Branch | 1010 W. Sam Houston Pkwy. N. 77043
We also have the Financial Aid Student Resolution Center as a resource. Please use this if you have a financial aid issue that needs review and resolution. You can submit your question/issue by clicking here.
Check Financial Aid Status Online
To check your financial aid status and checklist items, please visit the Student Service Center at myeagle.hccs.edu.
- Select the Checklist tile/box to view Financial Aid to-do list Items that will note what documentation or forms you need to submit.
- Select the Financial Aid tile/box to view financial aid award amounts and statuses.
FA Zoom Info Sessions
Setting Up for Future Success
Register for, "Setting Up for Future Success," a Financial Aid Zoom Info Session to learn how to fill out your FAFSA application.
Each month the HCC Financial Aid Department will be hosting information sessions. During these information sessions, HCC financial aid experts will help you learn about the benefits of financial aid, how you can pay for college, types of aid, and how to complete the FAFSA application. These sessions are open to the public, we encourage students, parents, and prospective students to attend. Click the links below to register and set yourself up for future success!
SEPTEMBER SESSIONS | September 7-10, 2021
OCTOBER SESSIONS | October 4-8, 2021