Books Purchased with Financial Aid
Financial aid grants and loans may be available to assist with books and supplies. Your "anticipated" aid is a "Book Credit" that is available for you to use when purchasing books and supplies. Once your Book Credit is ready to use, you will receive an email with options and next steps.
Students will be able to use the Fall 2020 Book Credit from Friday, January 8th until Friday, May 7th, 2021.
2 Options for Using Financial Aid to Purchase Books and Supplies
USE FINANCIAL AID IN COLLEGE BOOKSTORE
Financial aid grants and loans may be available to assist with books and supplies in the College Bookstore. Your "anticipated" aid is a "Bookstore Credit" that is available for you to use when purchasing books/supplies at College Bookstore. Once your Bookstore Credit is ready to use in the bookstore, you will receive an email with details and next steps.
- GRANTS: When you have grant funds leftover after tuition and fees, your financial aid is available to assist with purchasing books approximately ten days before the start of classes.
- LOANS: When you have loan funds leftover after tuition and fees, your loans are available to assist with purchasing books beginning on the second day of classes and only if you completed all loan requirements (enrollment and attendance in 6 or more credits, completed loan promissory note and completed entrance loan counseling).
- STEPS TO PAY WITH FINANCIAL AID
- Go to the HCC Bookstore Website www.hccs.bncollege.com.
- Select Central Campus from the drop-down menu.
- Select textbooks.
- Select term.
- Enter your course information.
- View your book selection.
- Go to the checkout cart.
- Choose SFA (student financial aid) for method of payment.
OPT-OUT OPTION | PURCHASE CLASS BOOKS AND SUPPLIES OUTSIDE COLLEGE BOOKSTORE
If you would like to request your federal financial aid funds (grants or loans) in advance to purchase your books and supplies outside of the college bookstore, an OPT-OUT option will be available during the dedicated two-week opt-out period dates below. If you qualify for this option, you will receive an email with details and next steps.
- Fall Semester | July 15-30
- Spring Semester | December 1 - 15
- Summer Semester | April 21 -May 5
IMPORTANT: If you choose this option, you will not be able to use financial aid bookstore credit at the college bookstore, at any point in the semester
STEPS TO REQUEST
- Use a computer (not mobile device) to visit the Student Homepage via www.myeagle.hccs.edu and select “Student Sign-In” tile/box.
- Select the “Financial Aid” tile/box.
- Select “Books” link.
- Select “Book Advance Refunds” link.
- Click the “Opt-out from Bookstore” checkbox and SAVE the page.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU REQUEST TO PURCHASE BOOKS OUTSIDE OF BOOKSTORE
- If you choose to opt-out of using your financial aid at the college bookstore, you will not be able to use financial aid at any point in the semester at the college bookstore.
- Advanced funds for books and supplies will only be available if you selected the opt-out option in self-service during the dedicated two-week opt-out period dates above.
- The amount calculated will be based on enrollment status (number of credit hours) 14 days before the summer semester classes begin. Any changes to enrollment status or class schedule after that point will not be taken into consideration.
Bookstore Shipping, Price Matching and Which Books to Buy
The HCC Bookstore is open and ready to serve you online at www.shophccbookstore.com.
Starting June 7, physical locations will be open for limited hours and days at the following campuses: Central, Northline, Eastside, Katy, Alief, Stafford, and Spring Branch. The West Loop location remains closed and course materials are available through the Central Campus. Please check the website www.hccs.bncollege.com for the campus hours & days of operation.
Free Shipping Over $75
Textbooks and other materials are available for online purchase and home delivery through the HCC Bookstore: www.shophccbookstore.com. The HCC Bookstore is offering free ground shipping for orders over $75. Use the course and section # information from your course schedule to search for books available for purchase or rental. You may also wait until the first day of class so that your professor can share all options for course materials.
The HCC Bookstore will Price match BN.com and Amazon.com. To do this, titles must be an ISBN match, be in stock and be owned and shipped by BN.com or Amazon.com.
Finding What You Need
If you are unsure about what you need, you can use the "buy my books" button on the right side of the course registration page. This link will allow your class schedule to open in our website and will show you all of your options.
You can also find class specific information by following our new Canvas link. For course specific information, follow the Canvas link from your professor to our webpage.
Download App and Deals
Once you have placed an order, you can follow your order using our mobile app, by pasting the links below in your browser. New installs will also get a coupon good for 25% off one imprinted item at your campus store.
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-college-bookstore-barnes/id909434792?ls=1&mt=8 (ITunes)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fueled.bnc (Google)
Steps to Pay with Online Voucher in Bookstore | VA + Texas Workforce + Baker Ripley Students
- Go to the HCC Bookstore Website www.hccs.bncollege.com
- Select Central Campus from the drop-down menu
- Select textbooks
- Select term
- Enter your course information
- View your book selection
- Go to the checkout cart
- Choose SFA (student financial aid) for method of payment and the appropriate methods:
- Veteran Affair Students: Must enter a Tungsten authorization number for the student ID
- Baker Ripley Students: Must enter a GZ or GD and number for the student ID
- Texas Work Force Students: Enter your Service authorization number for the student ID
- Enter your shipping information
- Choose home ship
- Complete your order
- Email us your Order Number firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the Order Number in the Subject Line, we will be in touch with further instructions.
Options for Free and Discounted Wifi and Technology
If you plan to use your financial aid to purchases wifi or technology for courses, please visit our Tech Resource Page for information on free and discounted options for students.