Federal Supplemental Ed Opportunity Grant
About the grant
The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) is a federal grant program based on extreme financial need for students who are Pell eligible. At HCC, an eligible student may receive an SEOG of up to $1000 per term. Students are automatically considered for this grant based on the results of the FAFSA. Students with the greatest need are awarded these limited funds. To be eligible for an SEOG, the student must meet these requirements each academic year:
- Complete a FAFSA.
- Your FAFSA should be processed by HCC's Priority Deadline. Funds are limited. There is no guarantee you will receive these funds. You must apply early.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Enrolled in an aid eligible degree or certificate program.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per term.
- Have a zero ($0) Expected Family Contribution, as determined by the FAFSA.
- Have not have previously received a bachelor's degree or higher.
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant or loan program.
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress.
More information on the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG).