Top of Home Page
Graduation and Commencement
HCC recognizes that graduation is an incredible accomplishment and a festive time for graduates and their loved ones. Your most important first step is to understand the difference between graduation and the commencement ceremony. Outlined below is an overview of the requirements for graduation and the commencement ceremony.
Please use this webpage and the resource links on it as the most up-to-date resource to help you understand your steps to apply for graduation, participate in the Commencement Ceremony, and receive your diploma.
Graduation means that if you complete all the academic program requirements, you will receive your diploma and have it reflected on your transcript.
A graduation application is required for you to receive your degree. Your first step is to meet with an academic advisor to apply for graduation. Approval from an Academic Advisor is required to apply for graduation.
Only students who apply for graduation by the deadline, April 1, and register for the Commencement Ceremony by the deadline, April 14 will be eligible to walk in the Commencement Ceremony.
Spring 2023 Commencement Ceremony
Commencement is the event to celebrate your accomplishment and walk across the stage. At-a-glance details for the Commencement Ceremony are below.
- For: Spring 2023 graduates only
- Date: Friday, May 12, 2023
- Time: There will be a morning and afternoon ceremony option. Graduates will only be able to attend the ceremony they register to attend.
- Morning Ceremony: 9 am
- Afternoon Ceremony: 1 pm
- Location: NRG Arena (1 NRG Pkwy, Houston, TX 77054)
- Registration: Participation in Commencement requires registration, which can only be done AFTER you officially apply for graduation. Every graduate must register for Commencement by the deadline, Friday, April 14. Due to venue capacity, space is limited so please register early.
Click Here for Complete Commencement Ceremony Details