HCC Counselors has put together several video resources on various topics.
"Stress Management in Time of Crisis" Presented by Lisa Parkinson, M.Ed, LPC ADA Counselor at Northwest College
"Time Management" Presented by Lisa Parkinson, M.Ed, LPC ADA Counselor at Northwest College
"Domestic/Dating Violence" by Thecia Jenkins, HCDVCC
Counselor's Corner: Prioritizing your Mental Health for College Success
- "Talking about Kindness" with Tavia James, MS, LPC, SE Counselor (YouTube)
- "Self Care" with Nicole Loving, MA, LPC, CE Counselor (YouTube)
- "Self Esteem" with Tamara Petty, MA, LPC-S, NW Counselor (YouTube)
- "Prioritizing Mental Health" with Dr. Malitta Taylor, PhD, LPC-S, SW Counselor (YouTube)
- "Suicide Prevention" with Brent Arnspiger, LCSW, Micheal E DeBakey VA Medical Center (YouTube)
- "1st Generation Students" with Cynthia Castellanos, MS, LPC, SE Counselor (YouTube)
- "Loneliness & Sense of Belonging" Counseling Q&A Coffee Talk with Dr. Mahnaz Kolaini, PsyD, LPC-S (YouTube)
Mental Health During the Pandemic
- "Facing the next phase of the Covid Crisis" with Dr. Mahnaz Kolaini, PsyD, LPC-S (YouTube)
- "Challenges & Triggers in Mental Health" with Dr. Mahnaz Kolaini, PsyD, LPC-S & Lisa Parkinson, M.Ed, LPC, NW Counselor (YouTube)
- "Mental Health during the Pandemic" wiith Patrick Nguyen, MS, LPC, SE Counselor (YouTube)
- "Veteran Mentoring & Wellness" with Kevin Woods, USN Veteran (YouTube)
Houston Community College is committed to creating an accessible learning community where individuals with disabilities have an equal opportunity to pursue their educational goals, limited only by their abilities, not their disabilities. The Ability Services Department strives to empower students, foster independence, and promote the achievement of the student’s career and educational goals.
- "ADA Accommodations" with Ms. Lisa Parkinson, MEd, LPC (YouTube)
The information provided by external resources - including third-party websites - is designed to provide helpful information on topics and community resources. HCC does not endorse or accept responsibility for the content, use, or availability of resources provided by external websites or agencies. HCC makes no representations as to the eligibility of any particular student to receive any benefit or the effects – such as those impacting immigration status – that accepting a resource may have on a student. Students in populations that may have specific additional needs are encouraged to seek advice from a relevant professional or reputable resources, such as immigration counsel or a qualified website.