The Board of Trustees is the official governing body of Houston Community College. The Board is composed of nine members who are elected from single-member districts and who serve without remuneration. Board members are elected to staggered six-year terms. The Board has final authority to determine and interpret the policies that govern HCC.
Additional responsibilities of the Board are to:
- Appoint, support and assess the performance of the chancellor
- Clarify the mission of the institution
- Approve long-range plans
- Approve the educational program
- Ensure the well being of faculty, students and staff
- Ensure strong financial management
- Ensure adequate financial resources
- Preserve institutional autonomy
- Interpret the campus to the community
- Interpret the needs of society to the campus
- Serve as court of appeal
- Assess their own performance
Additional Board Information
Board Services Office
- General Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- In-Person Hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
MC 1102 P.O. BOX 667517, Houston, TX 77266-7517