Meet with a Counselor
HCC Counselors provide a wide range of professional counseling services. During the COVID19 crisis, students can meet with a Counselor via telephone, email, and video conference. To schedule a counseling appointment, contact your local campus counseling office directly.
Houston Community College is committed to creating an accessible learning community where individuals with disabilities have an equal opportunity to pursue their educational goals, limited only by their abilities, not their disabilities. Ability Services strives to empower students, foster independence, and promote the achievement of the student’s career and educational goals. Due to the high demand for services and the nature of certain disabilities, it is recommended that students meet with an ADA Counselor at least 60 days prior to the beginning of each term.
Visit the HCC Ability Services Website »
- Any student with a documented disability (e.g. physical, learning, psychiatric, vision, hearing, pregnancy, etc.) who needs to arrange reasonable accommodations must contact the Ability Services office. Professors are authorized to provide only the accommodations presented in the accommodation letter.
- Students are strongly encouraged to contact the Ability Support Services office before the start of each semester to request accommodations (60 days, if possible) to allow sufficient time to meet with an ADA Counselor and for accommodations to be arranged. Once accommodations are approved, the Ability Services office will email a PDF copy of the student’s accommodation letter to the student. The Ability Support website is: https://www.hccs.edu/support-services/ability-services/
- It is the student’s responsibility to email (via HCC email) the accommodation letter to all of his/her HCC Online instructor(s) on the first day of class every semester if the student needs accommodations for the entire class session. Please do not use your personal email. To get the letter to your professor in an online class, log into your courses through the Eagle Online (Canvas) system at the start of class. Use the Eagle Online email system to send the letter to your professor.
- Students should contact their professor’s HCC Online Instructional Support Specialist one week prior to all on-campus exams to make arrangements: 713.718.5275 Option 1.
- Students should prepare for on-campus exams and be aware of College Campus Testing Center hours and procedures:
For Extended Time and/or Special Seating accommodation, students can test at one of the College Campus Testing Centers.
For Distraction Limited Environment, Reader/Scribe, and/or Assistive Technology accommodation, students should schedule an appointment with a College Campus Testing Center and make arrangements with their professor to drop off their exam with the College Campus Testing Center.
- It is recommended that students take a copy of their accommodation letter with them to on-campus testing locations to better facilitate the accommodation.
SLIP Orientation Workshops
If you are on probation or suspension and need to register for a SLIP (Successful Learning Intervention Program) Orientation Session, please visit https://forms.hccs.edu/PerfectForms/player.htm?f=BogAggEh.