Counselors @HCC

Do you need an Adviser or Counselor?

Advisers assist students with their academic planning like what courses to take, degree planning, transferring to/from HCC, placement testing, etc.

Counselors are licensed mental health professionals and provide confidential time-limited, short-term counseling to currently enrolled students. Counselors work with students with anxiety, depression, coping skills, stress, loss/grief, goal setting, etc.

Click here to Connect with an Adviser Combined Shape Created with Sketch.

General Department Contacts


Central College: 

Coleman College: 

Northeast College: 

Northwest College (General Questions): 

Northwest College (ADA Questions):

Southeast College: 

Southwest College: 

Who we are


Counselors practice under professional ethical standards that prohibit the disclosure of any information that students tell them during a counseling session, except by a written release from the student or under specific circumstances. Exclusions to confidentiality may include a risk of harm to self or others, abuse of a minor, elder, or vulnerable adult, health or medical emergency, or other circumstances required by law. Counselors will review confidentiality and exclusions with you. 

Additionally, HCC Counselors encourage students who witness a crime or are a victim of a crime to contact HCC Police at 713-718-8888. If students are off-campus and need immediate police assistance, they should dial 911.