Commencement Ceremony for TxCHSE Graduates
Online registration for the 2020 TxCHSE Graduation Ceremony is now open. HCC will hold this ceremony Tuesday, May 5, 2020, at the HCC Central College, 1300 Holman St, Houston, TX, in the San Jacinto building auditorium at 6:30 p.m.
The deadline to register is April 10, 2020.
Register NOW through April 10 for TxCHSE Graduation Ceremony participation.
Graduates must login under RETURNING USERS
- Click on the registration link.
- Enter the email address on file that you used to take your High School Equivalency Exam (GED or HiSET)
- Enter your email address in the "password" field.
Please make sure to select the TxCHSE option when registering or you will be unable to login.
Visit any HCC bookstore to purchase your regalia. All HCC bookstores should have graduation regalia in stock on April 1, 2020. An online ordering site is also available for your use. The site includes all the information you need for ordering your cap and gown, as well as your graduation announcements. All orders placed on this site will be shipped directly to your home.
The first 50 students to register will receive their Regalia free.
Should you have any questions concerning graduation, please call 713.718.5381Online Registration for TxCHSE Commencement is now open
- The academic cap should be worn straight and pulled down slightly on the forehead.
- The tassel of the cap should be worn on the right first, and then changed to the left at the end of the ceremony
- Suggested clothing to be worn under the gown:
- Men - White shirt, dark tie, dark slacks, dark shoes, and dark socks. No sandals
- Women - Lightweight fabric and dark shoes with low or medium heels. No sandals
- Graduates should carry nothing in their hands.
- For the safety and security of those attending the commencement, no bags will be permitted in the back staging area with students. This includes, but not limited to purses, backpacks, camera bags, and diaper bags.
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed.
- Balloons not allowed
Please follow all instructions of security and event staff at Central College. Please take note of prohibited items:
- Aerosols to include silly string
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals other than service/ guide dogs
- Bags and signs exceeding size restrictions (see Clear Bag Policy)
- Bottled drinks/water
- Coolers or containers
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
- Fireworks or explosives
- Glass, thermal, or metal containers
- Illegal drugs
- Illegal weapons
- Laser pointers
- Mace/pepper spray
- Selfie sticks
- Supports for signs and placards
- Toy guns
- Weapons of any kind
- Wrapped gifts
- Any other item determined to be a potential hazard
- Chairback stadium seats/seat cushions
- Strollers/wheelchairs/folding chairs