Commencement Ceremony for TxCHSE Graduates
TxCHSE Graduation will be held May 5, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. at HCC Central Auditorium, 1300 HolmanOnline Registration for TxCHSE Commencement is now open
- The academic cap should be worn straight and pulled down slightly on the forehead.
- The tassel of the cap should be worn on the right first, and then changed to the left at the end of the ceremony
- Suggested clothing to be worn under the gown:
- Men - White shirt, dark tie, dark slacks, dark shoes, and dark socks. No sandals
- Women - Lightweight fabric and dark shoes with low or medium heels. No sandals
- Graduates should carry nothing in their hands.
- For the safety and security of those attending the commencement, no bags will be permitted in the back staging area with students. This includes, but not limited to purses, backpacks, camera bags, and diaper bags.
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed.
- Balloons not allowed
Please follow all instructions of security and event staff at Central College. Please take note of prohibited items:
- Aerosols to include silly string
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animals other than service/ guide dogs
- Bags and signs exceeding size restrictions (see Clear Bag Policy)
- Bottled drinks/water
- Coolers or containers
- Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
- Fireworks or explosives
- Glass, thermal, or metal containers
- Illegal drugs
- Illegal weapons
- Laser pointers
- Mace/pepper spray
- Selfie sticks
- Supports for signs and placards
- Toy guns
- Weapons of any kind
- Wrapped gifts
- Any other item determined to be a potential hazard
- Chairback stadium seats/seat cushions
- Strollers/wheelchairs/folding chairs