Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Technology
About the Program
The mission of the Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Technology program is to provide high quality education and training.
AWARD TYPES: Certificate Level 2, Associate of Applied Science
AREA OF STUDY: Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
Degrees and Certificates
Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Technology - AAS
Associate of Applied Science
Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Technology - Certificate Level 2
Certificate Level 2
General Requirements - Instrumentation & Controls Engineering Technology
The Instrumentation and Controls Engineering Technology program prepares individuals to install, calibrate, troubleshoot and maintain process control equipment and systems. A wide variety of equipment is learned, from traditional pneumatics to digital devices using different protocols.
Students will be able to:
- Interpret and sketch diagrams used in industrial automatic control.
- Configure a smart transmitter using a field communicator.
- Compose a working PLC program using ladder logic and then install and troubleshoot it.
- Troubleshoot process upsets caused by control equipment using simulation.
- Troubleshoot and repair process control faults in plant process equipment caused by tuning, control valves, transmitters and controller.
TSI testing required prior to first enrollment for all AAS degrees and Level II certificates.
Global Energy COE information sessions will take place every second Thursday of each month from 11:00 a.m. - 12 p.m. at HCC Northeast Campus - Science & Technology Building (Room 106) at 555 Community College Drive, Houston, TX 77013.
In the information session, students will be advised for enrollment in Global Energy COE programs and provided information regarding degrees and certificates, career and salary projections, industries hiring HCC students, financial assistance, scholarships, internships as well as food or childcare needs.
For more information, call 713-718-5534 or email the Chair of Global Energy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are 1,324 Control and Valve Installers and Repairers employed in the Greater Houston Area. This number is expected to increase by 5.8% over the next four years.
- The estimated annual job openings is 66 jobs a year.
- Median Wages - $21.54 hourly, $45,000 annually