Orientation Registration Schedule
The HCC Adult Education program registrations will all be virtual.
What does the Houston Community College Adult Education & Literacy program offer?
- ESL classes designed to help foreign language learners to improve fluency and learn English.
- ABE and High School Equivalency (HSE) classes designed to improve basic skills and prepare students for the HSE examinations (GED, HiSET, or TASC), develop job readiness skills, prepare for college or workforce trainings.
Who is eligible for the HCC Adult Education & Literacy program?
- Applicants 18 years old and older.
- Age exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis. All exceptions must be cleared through the Adult Education & Literacy program during the orientation/registration site.
What do I need to upload during the registration & orientation session?
What you need to upload:
- 19 years or older: government issued picture ID with birthdate. (I.D. may be U.S. or foreign driver’s license, state ID, passport, visa, military ID, matricula consular, etc.)
- 18 year old: Must provide school withdrawal or high school completion information, parent permission and picture ID.
- 17 year old: Bring government-issued picture ID along with school withdrawal papers and parent permission.
Our program is required to ask all potential participants to upload either a Texas Driver's License (TDL) and/or a U.S.-issued Social Security Card (SSN). The information on these documents will be used solely for the purpose of program evaluation and improvement.
Please be prepared to make a $20 payment online using a credit or debit card.
What Should I expect at Registration & Orientation Session?
- New applicants will complete the HCC online application
- Both new and returning Adult Education applicants will complete the OneFlow application
- Applicants will schedule an assessment (TABE for TxCHSE; BEST 2.0 for ESL)