Orientation Registration Schedule
What does the Houston Community College Adult Education & Literacy program offer?
- ESL classes designed to help foreign language learners to improve fluency and learn English.
- ABE and High School Equivalency (HSE) classes designed to improve basic skills and prepare students for the HSE examinations (GED, HiSET, or TASC), develop job readiness skills, prepare for college or workforce trainings.
Who is eligible for the HCC Adult Education & Literacy program?
- Applicants 18 years old and older.
- Age exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis. All exceptions must be cleared through the Adult Education & Literacy program during the orientation/registration site.
What do I bring to registration & orientation?
- Valid, government-issued picture ID (passport, state driver license, state ID or resident alien card, etc.).
- Social Security Card (if available) or document to verify SS# (if available).
- Blue pen and #2 pencil.
What should I expect at the registration & orientation session?
- Applicants will be assessed to determine their academic levels.
- Be prepared to stay at least 2-3 hours.