Top of Home Page
2021 TxCHSE Commencement Information
Congratulations on achieving this major milestone. Houston Community College’s (HCC) faculty and staff are very proud of your accomplishment and you should be too! Although at this time, we are not able to celebrate your ceremony in person, we would like to give you the opportunity to celebrate all that you have accomplished. As such, we are planning an online celebration of the Spring 2021 Houston Community College TxCHSE Graduates so that you can remotely share this moment with your family, friends, and the academic community. The live-streamed event will occur on May 13, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. Register for Commencement by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
Each graduate will have the opportunity to be recognized with an official slide that can be customized with your photo and a personal message, and which can be downloaded and shared on social media. You will receive a separate email from firstname.lastname@example.org with information to create your graduate slide after registration to participate in the ceremony is complete. Please note the portal will be open for candidates to upload content for slides from April 15 – May 3, 2021. No additional slides will be added after May 3, 2021.
You may purchase regalia at the Central College Bookstore or online: https://herff.ly/houstoncc
Additional information and reminders will be sent, please check your email regularly. Don’t forget to check junk/clutter/junk mail.
Congratulations on your graduation!
For more information regarding the May 13, 2021, HCC Virtual TxCHSE Graduation, contact 713-718-8222 (option 1), email email@example.com.
Spring 2021 TXCHSE Graduation Program
2021 TXCHSE Commencement Speaker
Naidu Gracia is a mother of four beautiful children and the wife of one lucky husband. She is the youngest of nine siblings. She has been a Certified Medical Assistant for 16 years with Texas Children's Hospital. She was nominated and was named the 2021 Texas Adult Literacy and Education (TALAE) Student of the Year.
It's a Celebration!
- Attend Official Graduation Events | Join us in celebrating the Class of 2021 during Official Grad Party and Events hosted by Student Life and Recreational Sports. Click here to register.
- Share Accomplishments on Social Media | Share your incredible achievement with your friends and family via social media using the official HCC Graduation photo filters on Instagram and Facebook!
- Special Messages to Grads | To acknowledge the hard work of our graduates, the Office of Student Life created a Kudos Board for Faculty and Staff to leave their congratulatory messages and remarks.
Dress/Attire and information for the ceremony
- Please follow these dress code guidelines for the graduation ceremony:
- The academic cap should be worn straight, and pulled down slightly on the forehead.
- The tassel of the cap should be worn on the right first, and then changed to the left at the end of the ceremony
- Suggested clothing to be worn under the gown:
- Men - White shirt, dark tie, dark slacks, dark shoes, and dark socks. No sandals
- Women - Lightweight fabric and dark shoes with low or medium heels. No sandals
- Graduates should carry nothing in their hands. A copy of the program will be placed on each graduates chair.
- For the safety and security of those attending the commencement, no bags will be permitted in the back staging area with students. This includes, but not limited to purses, backpacks, camera bags, and diaper bags.
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed.
- Balloons not allowed
- All students attending commencement, including late registrants must purchase regalia by doing any of the following, visit any HCC Bookstore or purchase the morning of the ceremony.
- On graduation day, participating graduates need to arrive by 11:00AM for the 1:00PM ceremony You will receive a preprinted registration card, please verify all information is correct. Staff will assist you with seating arrangements in the staging area and answer any questions you may have.
- • As you prepare to line up to cross the stage, please be prompt in reaching the center of the stage, then proceed to exit off the stage. There will be staff to guide you during this process. Please be attentive and follow their instructions. It is important that you return to your seat after receiving your recognition and remain seated until the end of the ceremony.