Giving your feedback during our redistricting process ensures fair representation for your district to the HCC Board of Trustees.
Persons providing comments and/or proposed maps must identify themselves by full name and home address and provide a phone number and, if available, an email address. The Board may wish to follow up on such comments or obtain additional information about submitted maps.
Deadline to submit proposed maps is February 28, 2023.
Deadline to submit comments is February 28, 2023.
All proposed maps submitted to HCC for consideration must:
- Be in writing and be legible;
- Be based on the 2020 Federal Census;
- Identify all proposed boundaries (e.g., street names and/or physical features)
- Redistrict the entire HCC System, including specifically all nine trustee single-member districts;
- Show the total population and voting age population for African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, and Anglo/Other for each proposed trustee district based on the 2020 Census Data. If a map is submitted without a population breakdown, the Board may not have sufficient information to give it full consideration; and
- Conform to the redistricting criteria adopted by the HCC Board of Trustees.