New Student Orientation
Welcome to Houston Community College!
New Student Orientation is a fun and interactive way to meet staff, and learn about the college, programs of study, and resources. As a new student, you are required to attend New Student Orientation. NSO sessions are offered at various campuses and times to meet your needs.
To view the locations and times, log in your student PeopleSoft account and view your Student Center.
Before you can sign-up for an NSO session, you must complete the following:
- Provide proof of your meningitis vaccination to the Admissions Office.
- Submit your official high school transcripts. Submit SAT and/or ACT test scores to Admissions to determine placement or waivers.
- Complete Career Coach before attending NSO. Students are encouraged to complete the 60-question assessment to receive thorough results of potential academic pathways and career options.
- Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity if required. This is a pre-test to prepare students for the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment. Complete the TSI when you feel prepared.
- Sign-up for New Student Orientation to secure a date and time that best fits your schedule.
During Orientation you will:
- Learn about the academic programs, academic and student support resources, and student life
- Become familiar with financial services and payment
- Receive advising and a recommended course schedule for the fall semester
- Enroll in courses
- Have an opportunity to take a campus tour
After orientation you will:
- Get your HCC Student ID
- Purchase textbooks
We look forward to seeing you at a New Student Orientation Session!Log in and sign up for an NSO session now