Weapon on campus
If you sense that the weapon became visible unintentionally , let the concealed carrier know the weapon is visible. A responsible licensed carrier will cover the weapon.
If the weapon carrier refuses to cover the weapon or you feel threatened:
- Contact the HCC Police Department immediately at 713-718-8888.
- Do not confront the individual(s) any further,
- Remain calm.
- Avoid escalating the situation.
The law and HCC prohibit the visible display of handguns on campus, with the exception of licensed peace officers.
License to Carry holders are not in violation of HCC policy or Texas law unless:
- their weapon is plainly visible and they refuse to conceal it or
- they are carrying in a designated weapons-free location.