Construction Management Technology
About the Program
The Construction Management Technology program is designed to develop qualified personnel for employment in the field of construction or to enhance the workplace skills of those already employed in the industry for career advancement.
AWARD TYPES: Associate of Applied Science, Certificate Level 1
AREA OF STUDY: Construction Industry & Manufacturing
Degrees and Certificates
Learn more about the Degrees and Certificates offered by this program by visiting the HCC Catalog.View Degrees & Certificates by Program
The Construction Technology program is designed to develop qualified personnel for employment in the field of construction or to enhance the workplace skills of those already employed in the industry for career advancement. Job opportunities include management and supervisory positions in construction of residential and commercial buildings and other related industries.
In addition, please note that a student may only earn one Occupational Skills Award (OSA) per academic year.
TSI testing required prior to first enrollment for all AAS degrees and Level II certificates.
There are 13,212 Construction Managers employed in the Greater Houston Area. This number is expected to increase by 1.6% over the next four years.
- The estimated annual job openings is 391 jobs a year.
- Median Wages - $30.90 hourly, $64,000 annually
WAB Report Items
From Dr. Muddassir Siddiqi – President, HCC Central
May 23, 2018
Construction C.O.E. earns first national accreditation
- After a recent site visit and review by Blair Williamson, Director of Training and Development for the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER), the non-profit construction industry foundation has affirmed that four construction-related programs
at HCC – the core curriculum, electrical, welding and HVAC programs - are in good standing.
- This designation means students in these areas of study may receive NCCER credentials upon with successful completion of program modules. The NCCER designation is the first national certification and accreditation for HCC’s Construction C.O.E.
- Background: NCCER is a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) education foundation created by the construction industry to develop standardized curriculum with portable credentials and to help address the skilled, construction workforce shortage. NCCER is recognized by the industry as the training, assessment, certification, and career development standard for the construction and maintenance craft professional.
Learn more about the marketable skills—skills valued by employers that can be applied in variety of work settings—so you can communicate these to potential employers. Click on the relevant award title below to see descriptions of marketable skills for that area.
Construction Management Technology - Building Inspection Specialization, C1
Construction Management Technology - Construction General, C1
Construction Management Technology - General, A.A.S.
Construction Management Technology - General, C1