Managing work, food, bills, school and family obligations is the ultimate juggling act as a student. We know it can be overwhelming at times. The Financial Coaches are here to help.
HCC Financial Coaches connect you with on-campus and community resources that will help you push through financial emergencies; make refunds last longer; and start making steps toward financial security.
A resource is only valuable if you know it exists. Don't wait to know what is available — book an appointment to meet with a financial coach or attend their scheduled events.
Why You Should Connect With Financial Coaches
Help With Financial Emergencies
We get that while you're working hard to manage bills, work, family and school — "life" happens and it can shift your focus away from class. "Life" can happen in a lot of different ways.
- Natural disasters set you back financially.
- Unexpected bills make it impossible to cover basic needs.
- A loved one needs your financial support.
- Your living situation changes for the worst.
- A car accident affects you being able to work or get to class.
Whatever the case may be, we have resources to help you not let a financial emergency take your attention away from school. If you're facing a financial emergency, please visit hccs.edu/emergencyhelp.
For the Spring 2020 semester, you can expect some great, resourceful events to help you throughout the semester. Below are our scheduled events. Check back here for updates and info.
FREE TAX PREP EVENTS
HCC Financial Coaches have partnered with AARP Tax Aide Foundation to offer you FREE income tax filing services! This includes:
FREE Tax Preparation
FREE Electronic Filing
FREE Direct Depost
- Click here to set an appointments. Appointments are encouraged and slots are limited.
- Walk-ins are welcomed and will be served on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Event Flyer: Spring 2020 Free Tax Preparation Dates
One-on-one Financial Coaching
ONE-ON-ONE FINANCIAL COACHING | For one-on-one financial coaching help to help you create a budget, find ways to save, tackle debt, improve credit and address financial emergencies, please book an appointment using the links below.
- Central College Campuses | Click here to book an appointment
- Coleman College | Click here to book an appointment
- Northeast College Campuses (Northline and Northeast) | Click here to book an appointment
- Northwest College Campuses (Alief, Spring Branch and Katy) | Click here to book an appointment
- Stafford and Missouri City Campuses | Click here to book an appointment
- Southeast | Click here to book an appointment
- West Loop | Click here to book an appointment
Options to Fund Your Education
- FINANCIAL AID | The Financial Coach team holds FAFSA/TASFA nights to help you apply for financial aid. You can also visit a financial aid office at a campus near you for help to fill out FAFSA/TASFA applications.
- WORK-STUDY (financial aid) | If you’re looking for another way to pay for college, Work-Study may be a great option for you. Work-study is a way for you to not only earn money to pay for school through a part-time on (and sometimes off) campus job, but it also gives you the opportunity to discover your strengths and explore areas of interest within a professional environment. A student is awarded federal or Texas Work-Study if they indicate on the FAFSA or TASFA that they are interested in the Work-Study program. Work-Study awards are based upon eligibility and the availability of funds. The Financial Coach team hosts Work-Study Job Fairs each semester and can connect you with hiring managers.
- SCHOLARSHIPS | Through the Financial Coaches' network of community partners, they often hear about great scholarship opportunities. Scholarships are a great, debt-free way to offset all or part of the cost of your education. Visit www.hccs.edu/finlitscholarships for up-to-date list of scholarships from the Financial Coaches' community partners.
- JOBS | The Financial Coach team often partners with HCC Career & Job Placement Services that provides HCC students access to HCC CareerHub, a tool that offers on-campus mock interviews, resume building, and information about career fairs and job postings.
Student Loan Debt Help
After graduation when you seek to start a career, raise a family, buy a home, launch a business and/or save for retirement, debt can leave you feeling overwhelmed, burdened and out of options. Feeling like this doesn’t have to be your reality — you DO have options to manage and overcome federal student loan debt.
HCC's Financial Coaches are committed to informing students, alumni, faculty, staff and community members about public service loan forgiveness and affordable, income-based federal student loan repayment options.
Click here to learn more about repayment options and tips to avoid repayment scams.
Contact Financial Coaches
Northeast College Campuses (Northline and Northeast)
Northwest College Campuses (Alief, Spring Branch and Katy)
Stafford and Missouri City Campuses