Manufacturing Engineering Technology
About the Program
The AAS degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology is designed to develop competent technicians and CNC operators for employment in various manufacturing fields.
AWARD TYPES: Associate of Applied Science, Certificate Level 2, Certificate Level 1
AREA OF STUDY: Construction Industry & Manufacturing
Degrees and Certificates
Learn more about the Degrees and Certificates offered by this program by visiting the HCC Catalog.Visit the HCC Catalog
The Manufacturing Engineering Technology program is designed to develop competent technicians for employment in the field of manufacturing engineering and related occupations. It prepares students for real world manufacturing techniques including computer methods, and mechanical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
Houston Community College currently offers one certificate in Manufacturing Engineering Technology that can be completed in two semesters. It prepares students for entry level work in the Manufacturing and related industries. The program also offers an AAS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology for students who wish to further their education. The AAS degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology is designed to develop competent technicians and CNC operators for employment in various manufacturing fields. The program has several State-of-the Art laboratories with modern equipment. The computer labs are constantly updated to provide the latest software including AutoCAD, FeatureCAM, SolidWorks, and Automation Studio.
TSI testing required prior to first enrollment for all AAS degrees and Level II certificates.
Accredited by the The National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS).
NIMS accreditation is the nation's only distinction for excellence in metalworking training as based on NIMS industry-written, industry-approved skills standards. Accredited programs demonstrate the ability to produce skilled, work-ready individuals that fulfill industry's 21st Century workforce needs.
Fabrication and Innovation Lab
The Houston Community College Fabrication and Innovation Lab is for students, faculty, engineers and anyone else who wants to use a lab full of equipment to make and create almost anything. We have industrial 3d printers, CNC machines, mid-level and low end 3d printers, research microscopes and more to help with the creative process or to just learn how to make things.
- We work with industrial engineers/designers who need to make a sample or learn how to use 3d printers.
- We help students that may not have the resources for a project
- We encourage faculty, staff and administrators to use and learn our equipment.
- We help people develop an idea by showing them what we are capable of, what they can do in our lab or just talk about how things are made.
- We teach continuing education classes in CAD and CAM with 3d printing in mind and other classes that meet the needs of the lab users.
- We are here to help.
- We have twenty three 3d plastic printers, CNC machines for metal, some woodworking equipment and a soft material laser table (Eplilog).
- We offer a comprehensive design software suite including Solidworks, Inventor, Autocad, Corel draw, Photoshop and more.
Please contact for questions, location, hours.
Main Lab Number 713 718 6915, Lab Aids Fred Lemme and Lamy Chopin
Supervisor of Fabrication and Innovation Lab, Roland Fields 713 718 6792 or
Email at Roland.Fields@hccs.edu
Sign up for classes or information on classes please contact:
Pam Shaw 713 718 2183 or email Pam.Shaw @hccs.edu
There are 3,776 Manufacturing Production Technicians employed in the Greater Houston Area. This number is expected to increase by 5.4% over the next four years.
- The estimated annual job openings is 148 jobs a year.
- Median Wages - $32.64 hourly, $68,000 annually