NCCER Core: Introductory Craft Skills
National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) has created an introductory standardized training and credentialing program that is national used and recognized across the industry. By becoming credentialed in the NCCER online registry system, organizations and companies are able to track the qualifications of their craft professionals and/or new hires to assure certification has been completed. NCCER certified individuals are more likely to gain recruitment and earn higher wages in their field of expertise.
This course consists of 75 hours of combined training in both knowledge and skills-based instruction.
Core Curriculum Training Modules Cover:
- Basic Safety
- Introduction to Construction Math
- Introduction to Hand Tools
- Introduction to Power Tools
- Introduction to Construction Drawings
- Introduction to Basic Rigging
- Basic Communication Skills
- Basic Employability Skills
- Introduction to Material Handling
What are the prerequisites?
- 18 years old
- Trainees must create a new NCCER account before the class start date. Link to register is: NCCER SSO
- Trainees must supply and wear steel-toed boots to all classes.
- Trainees must wear appropriate clothing such as work attire to all classes.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be able to use and handle a variety of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to tolerate outside climate conditions.
To request more information about this course click on the link below to fill out and submit a questionnaire form. A member from the Industrial Technology & Energy department will contact you as soon as possible.Request More Information
Steps to Enroll
If you already have an HCC student ID Number, then skip to Step 2.
STEP 1. Online Admission to Houston Community College – Please click on the “Apply to HCC” button below to start the online application.
Standard Admission to Houston Community College- Please complete CEU enrollment form and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (A member from the department will contact you)
STEP 2. To enroll in class - Log in to your student account. On your Student Homepage click on Continuing & Adult Ed Classes. Use the 5- digit CRN [Class Nbr] that corresponds to the course you wish to register for.
STEP 3. Pay for the course(s) - From your Student Homepage click on Financial Account to pay online.