I have questions regarding the meningitis requirement.

http://www.hccs.edu/applying-and-paying/meningitis/ gives all the necessary information including on how to submit the documentation.



I am a new applicant to Houston Community College and have completed the Apply Texas application. How long does it take to receive a response that I have been accepted into Houston Community College?

It takes between 24 to 48 hours (not including weekends) for your Apply Texas application to upload into the HCC Student Information System. An automatic notification will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered in your Apply Texas application.


What if I do not receive a notification within 1 to 2 days?

You should go ahead and try to login to your student portal at https://hccsaweb.hccs.edu:8080/psp/csprd/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG and click on first-time user and complete the items on your Pre-Enrollment Checklist.


I previously applied to Houston Community College. Do I need to submit a new application for admissions?

 No, if you have previously applied to Houston Community College (even if you did not attend classes) then you do not have to re-apply. You can log in to your student portal at https://hccsaweb.hccs.edu:8080/psp/csprd/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG and complete any outstanding items on your Pre-Enrollment Checklist.



May I send unofficial transcripts to HCC from other institutions that I have attended?

HCC will use unofficial transcripts/grade reports and TSI scores for initial advisement and placement purposes. However, a transcript hold will be placed on your record until an official transcript is received in the Office of Student Records within the first semester of enrollment.


How do I know if my transcripts have been received?

 First, verify that your transcript has been sent to Houston Community College. You will receive an automatic email once the record has been received and entered in the student system. If you attended another school under a different name, then it is important that you communicate that to Houston Community College. Many times transcripts cannot be assigned to a student's record because of this. Contact the enrollment office at any HCC campus or contact student.info@hccs.edu or  admissions@hccs.edu.


Where do I send my official transcripts to?

Please request that transcripts and score reports are submitted to HCC electronically. HCC accepts PDF transcripts directly from the service providers such as Credentials, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse.  The email should be sent to admissions@hccs.edu.

If you need to directly mail an official transcript or score report to HCC, please use the following address:

Houston Community College 
Office of Admissions & Records 
P.O. Box 667517 
Houston, TX 77266-75117 


I submitted my official transcripts. When will they be evaluated?

Due to the large volume of transcripts being received, it may take between 6 to 8 weeks for your transfer credit to appear on your HCC transcript. However, you may contact your Academic Adviser to determine which of your eligible transfer credits can be applied to your current HCC degree / certificate program.



I live in Houston then why am I being charged Out of District tuition?

Residents of the Houston Community College (Houston ISD, Stafford MSD, part of Missouri City, Alief and North Forest ISD) service area are considered in-district for fee purposes if they meet the basic residency requirements. Questions concerning residency requirements should be referred to the Campus Admissions Office. 


I recently moved and I need to change my address.

You can change your mailing & permanent address online by in your Student Service Center. To change your home address, you can go to the nearest HCC campus Admissions / Enrollment Office to have it changed. It the address changes your residency status for tuition; you will need to take at least two forms of supporting documentation found on this list. http://www.hccs.edu/applying-and-paying/residency-information/


I have a question about why I was categorized as an out-of-state Texas resident. I have lived here my entire life and need to change my residency.

Residency classification is determined by the answers you gave to the residency questions on the application for admission.  http://www.hccs.edu/applying-and-paying/residency-information  is the link to explain residency and the documents that you will need to present at any HCC campus to change your classification.


Change of Name/Social Security Number

My name has changed since I first applied to Houston Community College. What should I do?

To update your name you will need to go to your nearest HCC Campus Admissions and Enrollment Office and complete a Change of Name, Address, Phone, & Social Security No. form.  Name changes as a result of court proceedings will require legal documentation in addition to completion of the form.


When I first applied to Houston Community College I did not enter a SS #. I now want to update my application to reflect my SS #.

To update your SS # you will need to go to your nearest HCC Campus Admissions and Enrollment Office and present your SS card and complete the Houston Community College Change of Name, Address, Phone, & Social Security No. form.  



I need to be term activated?

Students who have not attended HCC for the last calendar year will need to sign in to My Eagle student sign in and complete any items on “My Checklist”. When you click on enroll, you will be directed to the Affirmation of Residency questionnaire. Once the affirmation of residency has been updated they you will automatically be term activated for the semester. If you earned a degree after your last enrollment at HCC and are now returning for additional classes then you need to meet with an advisor to have your record updated with a new program/plan.



I need to take the TSI test.

  1. Complete the TSI Pre-Assessment Activity http://ctle.hccs.edu/gcpass/prep_home.htm
  2. Obtain a testing referral form from the Enrollment Services Counter on the campus that you plan on testing at. 
  3. Go to one of HCC testing centers and take the TSI test. 



International Students

Programs offered

I need to find out more about the programs of study at Houston Community College?

 Please go to the following link to explore the different programs of study at Houston Community College. http://www.hccs.edu/programs/



Enrollment Verifications

I need to verify my enrollment at Houston Community College.

Houston Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications for our institution. Loan companies are able to verify your enrollment through this process. Students needing verification for insurance or other purposes may request verification at any HCC campus Enrollment Services office.