Announcement of Process for Appointment to Trustee Position in District II
The Board of Trustees publicly and formally invites qualified members of the public to apply to be considered for appointment to the position of HCC Trustee District II. The Texas Education Code requires that the position for HCC Trustee, District II be up for election at the next regular trustee election in November 2023 for the unexpired term. The current term for HCC Trustee District II will expire on December 31, 2025.
The proposed process the Board will undertake to fill the vacancy for the position of HCC Trustee District II is as follows:
An announcement regarding the position will be posted on the HCC website from Wednesday, January 12, 2022 through 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 18, 2022. Interested, qualified applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than 12:00 p.m. on January 18, 2022. The Board may interview applicants and make a final selection at a Board meeting on Friday, January 21, 2022. Notice of the meeting to include the date, time, and location will be posted 72 hours prior to the scheduled meeting in accordance to the Open Meetings Act.
To be qualified, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled on the date of appointment.
- Must not have been adjudged by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Must not have been finally convicted of a felony without a pardon or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Must have resided in HCC District II for at least six months and in the state of Texas for at least 12 months immediately preceding the appointment by the Board.
- Must be a registered voter on date the appointment is made and be registered to vote in HCC District II.