Commencement Ceremony for TxCHSE Graduates
TxCHSE (formerly GED®) Commencement
HCC will hold a TxCHSE (formerly GED®) Ceremony at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at the Central College in the San Jacinto Building Auditorium.
Online Registration for TxCHSE Commencement ends at 11:59pm, Wednesday, April 11
Graduates must login under RETURNING USERS
- Enter the preferred email address on file with Houston Community College in the "Email" field (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your Houston Community College assigned student ID number with “W” in front in the "Password" field (Example: W123456789-1234-1234).
- The academic cap should be worn straight, and pulled down slightly on the forehead.
- The tassel of the cap should be worn on the right first, and then changed to the left at the end of the ceremony
- Suggested clothing to be worn under the gown:
- Men - White shirt, dark tie, dark slacks, dark shoes, and dark socks. No sandals
- Women - Lightweight fabric and dark shoes with low or medium heels. No sandals
- Graduates should carry nothing in their hands.
- For the safety and security of those attending the commencement, no bags will be permitted in the back staging area with students. This includes, but not limited to purses, backpacks, camera bags, and diaper bags.
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed.
- Balloons not allowed
Bookstore - First 100 regalia free, online orders only
Visit any HCC Bookstore to purchase your regalia.
The online ordering site is now open, and includes all the information you need for ordering your cap and gown as well your graduation announcements. All orders placed at this site will ship directly to your home. All HCC Bookstores should have graduation regalia in stock by March 26th if you would prefer to shop in store. Regalia cost $44.98 plus tax, financial aid dollars can be used to purchase regalia.