The HCC Alumni Association strives to support, serve, inform, and involve alumni of the College.
Alumni Member Benefits
Virtual Career Center (VCC)
You have made a smart decision by joining the Alumni Association and registering with HCC’s Virtual Career Center (VCC). Your registration and active access to the VCC allows you to connect with employers and search for available employment and internship opportunities. Initiating this contact requires only a click of a mouse. This system will assist you with keeping abreast of career and hiring events at all the HCC colleges around the district. In addition, when an employer is seeking to hire for competitive jobs, you will be the first to receive this information via email or a phone call; thus you will remain ahead of the competition and receive first consideration. Therefore, please make sure your information remains current and that you visit the VCC often to remain active. Attend at least one orientation to assure you gain the knowledge and skills needed to successfully navigate through the VCC features.
HCC Alumnus: Enter your username (Student ID) and password, in the format listed below, and click LOGIN. If you are not currently enrolled, you may not have access to this system. If you are alumni, your access will be granted, in person, by a VCC Administrator. Please contact the Career Planning and Resources Office for further assistance.
Username = W ID
Temporary Password = birth date (mm/dd/yyyy)
If this is the first time you have logged into the VCC you will need to change your temporary password to a permanent password. You can access this system only once using your date of birth. Please complete the items signified by a red asterisk (*).
- Personal Information – Enter all the required information marked with an asterisk (*), you may also complete a other optional fields but it is not required for this registration. Make sure your email address is current and actively being used by you.
- Demographic Information – Enter all the required information and any optional information you would like. Please note: you may select multiple ‘Campus Locations’ by holding down the ‘Ctrl’ key and selecting more than one option.
- Skills – The section lists your job skills and qualifications and captures information that helps employers and advisors match job candidates to job positions. This is an optional section, but please complete if it applies to you.
- Additional Information – Please select “Work‐Study” as the ‘Position Type Seeking.’ If you would like work‐study employers to be able to view your profile and screen you for their work‐study positions, please change the ‘Allow Employer Viewing’ option to ‘YES’ so they can contact you directly if they would like to interview you. All other fields are optional.
- Save/Submit – Make sure to save your profile information.
- Contact the Career Planning and Resources @: (713) 718-7718 to schedule an orientation.
- Attending orientation will help you learn how to navigate through the VCC effectively.
- Upload Documents (i.e. resumes, letters, references, etc.)
Once you have signed in or registered, you should be able to upload your resume. Please follow these guidelines for assistance in uploading your documents:
- Place your cursor over ‘My Account’ and select ‘My Documents’
- Click on the ‘Upload File’ link
- Click the ‘Browse’ button to find your document on your computer or disk.
- Select the correct document and name it
- Click the ‘Upload’ button
Please note: When uploading more than one document, make sure your most generic resume is your default. Your default resume is the document that employers can view when accessing the VCC.
For HCC, students are required to attend an orientation and have their resumes reviewed or to get assistance with building your resume.
Once your resume is uploaded and your profile is complete, to the Career Planning and Resources staff will review and approve your active access to the VCC.
Search for Jobs/Internships/Externships
After you have uploaded your documents, please follow the below instructions on how to search for jobs/internship/externship positions:
- Place your cursor over ‘Jobs’ and select ‘Job Listings’
- Fill in the search criteria (e.g., internship, part-time, or other key words) as the position type
- Click on the ‘Job ID’ to see the specifics of the position and how to apply. Contact the employer to set up and interview
- Always ask your Career Advisor for assistance with drafting emails to a potential employer. If you do not see any positions you would like to apply to, please keep checking back periodically to view updated positions. If you need further assistance in a job or if you are having trouble you may always visit your Career Services representative at your campus for assistance.
- If hired for any job, please notify the Career Center at your campus.
For questions regarding the Virtual Career Center (VCC), please call the Career Planning and Resources Office at:
- Southwest 713.718.7718
- Central 713.718.6174
- Southeast 713.718.5030
- Northeast 713.718.5291
- Northwest 713.718.5423
HCC Library and Fitness Center
HCC Library Services
Members of the HCC Alumni Association can receive full access to HCC Library resources. In order to gain access to the HCC libraries you need to bring your HCC Alumni Association Membership Card with you along with a State I.D. or Driver’s License and present it at time of check-out. Click here for a listing of locations and hours.
HCC Health & Fitness Center
Receive a 10% discount by taking your membership card to the HCC Health & Fitness Center located 1300 Holman.
*If you have not received or lost your Membership Card, please contact us here.