Transfer International Students
Transfer student deadlines
The OISS&SA must receive your application* on or before:
- Fall Semester: August 15
- Spring Semester: January 26**
- Summer Semester: May 1
* Application documents must be uploaded by the above dates. Applications will not be accepted after the deadlines. NO EXCEPTIONS.
**Students must be in valid F-1 status, and enroll and pay prior to admission.
Apply to HCC: International Transfer Students from another U.S. school
Step 1: Online Application, W and P numbers
If you already have an HCC student ID, make sure the information on your HCC account is updated and go to Step 3. If this does not apply to you, begin at Step 1 below. Do not use the ApplyTexas application because it is not customized for HCC F-1 students.
- Click on online application for Admissions (In case or error message, choose a different browser)
- Select “Credit F1 Visa” (the second option from the top) and click Next
- Enter your Date of Birth (leave the Social Security Number space empty)
- For F-1 type, choose Transfer Student
- Complete the rest of the application and submit
- Record your HCC student ID and your Assigned Number (starting with P)
Do not submit multiple applications! You need only one HCC student ID and we can work with you if you have to make changes. Multiple student IDs will slow your application process. Remember: You will keep the same User ID throughout your HCC career.
Step 2: Set up your HCC account
You may need to wait between 2 and 24 hours before attempting to set up your HCC account.
- Navigate to the Student System Sign In webpage:
- Visit www.hccs.edu
- Click the "MyEagle Student Sign-In" link found in the top left corner of the screen
- Select "Student Sign-In"
- You are now on the Student System Sign-In page. You will need to re-visit this page often, so it is a good idea to save it as a favorite in your internet browser.
- Create your account
- On the Student System Sign-In page, click "First Time or Forgot My User ID"
- In the SSN field, enter your Assigned Number (P-number). Your assigned number is the number you recorded after you submitted the online application.
- Enter your Date of Birth
- Click "Retrieve ID/PWD"
- You will be provided with your User ID and a temporary password.
- The next time you log in, you will be prompted to change your temporary password.
If you need additional assistance with accessing your account, please visit http://www.hccs.edu/resources-for/current-students/student-system-help/ .
Step 3: Prepare application documents
* All documents must be saved as PDF files with short names (less than 30 characters). File name should not contain any invalid characters such as (*:"<>?). Bad quality or upside-down documents will be rejected. Please combine different document types in 1 PDF file. For example, if you have statements from different banks, save them as one file. To scan and convert a file to PDF format, you can also use free PDF scanner apps (Genius Scan - PDF Scanner, Fast Scanner: Free PDF Scan for Android, Tiny Scanner- PDF scanner, etc.) Upon uploading, the System will add automatically 3 or 4-digit code and your HCC ID number to the name of the document. Do not attempt to modify document's name!
- Complete the SEVIS Form I-20 Application
Note: Type the information online and then print and sign it. Add additional page if more than 1 dependents.
- Complete F-1 International Student Transfer In Form
Complete the top part of the F-1 International Student Transfer-in Form and submit the form to your current school Designated School Official (International Student Advisor).
- Passport photocopy (biometric page only). *
- Copy of visa (or Change of Status approval notice) To upload, please save all pages into one PDF file*
- I-94 Departure Record (front and back) (you may also print out your I-94 at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov).*
- Financial Documentation
To upload, please save all bank statement pages into one PDF file. Prepare affidavits and employment letters as separate PDF files.
- Copies of previous SEVIS I-20s*
To upload, please save all pages into one PDF file
- Application and Orientation Fees
Pay the non-refundable application fee of $75 and the orientation fee of $50 and save the receipt as a PDF.
* Provide this document for all dependents (spouse/ children under 21) who will accompany you, as well as marriage and birth certificates.
How to pay the fee:
Online payments (preferred): You can pay the fee online using a credit card or funds transfer from your local bank. For online payments, refer to the International Payment Tutorial for instructions. Please note that you must have completed Step 1 and Step 2 before you can make a payment online. Alternatively, you can pay the fee at any HCC campus and save the receipt.
Note: The payment term and entrance term may vary when paying the fee online. This is not a problem as the payment can be tracked by date.
You may also pay the fee by sending a check (containing a printed address) or money order made out to Houston Community College and containing the student’s HCC ID number attached to a . Form will contain mailing instructions for the payment. Mailing the check or money order can cause delay in the process of your application.
Step 4: Upload documents to your To Do List
- Log in to your account on the HCC Student System
- On the right side of your account homepage, you will see a "To Do List" with a list of items you must submit to complete your application (If you do not see a To Do List, please send an email to email@example.com with your HCC student ID, "TRANSFER," and semester you're applying for written in the subject line. Check your account again within 3 business days, and the To Do List should now be available.)
- Once an item is ready to submit, click on the more/upload link in your “To Do List” and upload the already prepared documents*
* Monitor your To Do list for additional documents that may be required.
Step 5: Choose Mailing Option for Receiving I-20
There are 2 options available for the mailing of your I-20:
- Regular Overseas Mail — Overseas mail takes 4-6 weeks. If you want your I-20 sent by regular overseas mail, no response is required. Your I-20 will be sent by regular overseas mail to the address indicated on your application. Please do not e-mail to confirm your overseas address.
- Express Mail — With this option, you will receive your I-20 within 5 days after processing. Express mail is at the expense of the student. To select express mail, visit the following webpage and follow the instructions: International Express Mail
Check the status of your application
Login to your HCC Student Sign-In and view your To Do list. If the only item in your To Do list is “I-20 In Process”, your application is under review by one of the International Admissions Advisors. If you see any other items in your To Do list, you must upload the required documents so that your application can be reviewed.
Once you have uploaded all of your documents, you should wait at least 10 business days for processing of the SEVIS Form I-20. This time will vary depending on when the application is submitted and how many applicants there are at that time. Applications are processed in the order they are received.
If you have not received any communication from our office within 10 business days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of your application.
Receive the International Student Transfer Acceptance Verification
When your application is complete, you will receive an official acceptance letter from the Office of International Student Services. The acceptance letter will verify that you have been officially accepted as an F-1 Transfer Student and are eligible to transfer your I-20 to HCC.
Request an I-20 Transfer
Your official acceptance letter from the Office of International Student Services (including SEVIS transfer information) will be emailed to you and your current Designated School Official.
You are responsible for requesting a transfer from your current school and completing all transfer out steps required by your school.
Enroll in classes
You will receive an email with a document detailing your next steps for enrollment.
Note: You do not need to have the HCC SEVIS Form I-20 in order to proceed with the enrollment process. However, you need to contact our office if you have not received your new I-20 within the first 3 weeks of the start of the semester.