HCC Veterans Workstudy Allowance Program

HCC Veterans Work-Study Allowance Program

If you're a full-time or 3/4-time student at Houston Community College you can "earn while you learn" with a VA work-study allowance.

Who Is Eligible?

The VA Work-Study allowance is available to persons training under the following programs:

Post-9/11 GI Bill--Chapter 33

Montgomery GI Bill--Active--Duty  Chapter 30

REAP Participants--Chapter 1607

Montgomery GI Bill--Selected Reserve--Chapter 1606

Dependents' Educational Assistance Program--Chapter 35

Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program -- Chapter 31

How Much May I Earn?

You'll earn an hourly wage equal to the Federal minimum wage ($7.25 per hour).

After you've completed the hours covered by your first payment, VA will pay you each time you complete 50 hours of service.

You may work during or between periods of enrollment. You can arrange with VA to work any number of hours you want during your enrollment. But, the total number of hours you work can't be more than 25 times the number of weeks in your enrollment period.

How Do I Apply?

Download the application HERE and fax it to 713-718-8444 or bring it to 3220A Main Street, Houston, TX 77002.   We will review all applications. If you have any questions feel free to call our Veterans Call Center at 713-718-8522 or email vaonline@hccs.edu .