Apply to HCC: Concurrent F-1 student
About Concurrent F-1 Enrollment
If you are an F-1 student with a SEVIS Form I-20 from another U.S. school and would like to take a few courses at HCC, follow the steps below to enroll as a concurrent student.
Step 1: Online Application, W and P numbers
- If you already have an HCC student ID, request a Concurrent Enrollment letter from your primary school (you will need one for each semester you enroll at HCC), scan it and save it as a PDF file. Send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “CONCURRENT” and your HCC student ID in the subject line. If this does not apply to you, begin at Step 1 below.
- Click on online application for Admissions (In the case of an error message, choose a different browser)
- Go to “Start New Application"
- Select “F-1 International” application (the third option from the top) and click Next
- Enter your Names as they appear on your passport, Date of Birth, and your Email
- Set your Password (take a screenshot of the page and record your password)
- From the “New Account Created” page, click “Continue” to go to F1 Application steps.
- Choose “Yes” to confirm that you are applying as an F-1 student
- Choose Concurrent Student from “I am applying as”
- Select the Admit term/semester you want to start studying at HCC
- Complete all 9 steps of the application and submit
- You will receive your Conditional Approval Letter and an email with the next steps with your HCC student ID and your Assigned Number (starting with P)
Do not submit multiple applications! You need only one HCC student ID and we can work with you if you have to make changes. Multiple student IDs will slow your application process. Remember: You will keep the same User ID throughout your HCC career.
Step 2: Sign in to your HCC account
- Navigate to the Student System Sign-In webpage:
- Visit www.hccs.edu
- Click the "MyEagle Student Sign-In" link found in the top left corner of the screen
- Select "Student Sign-In"
- You are now on the Student System Sign-In page. You will need to re-visit this page often, so it is a good idea to save it as a favorite in your internet browser.
- Log in with your HCC Student ID number (W00000000) and your password previously created
If you need additional assistance with accessing your account, please visit http://www.hccs.edu/resources-for/current-students/student-system-help/
Step 3: Prepare supporting documents
* All documents must be saved as PDF files. Bad quality or upside-down documents will be rejected. Please combine different document types in 1 PDF file. To scan and convert a file to PDF format, you can also use free PDF scanner apps (Genius Scan - PDF Scanner, Fast Scanner: Free PDF Scan for Android, Tiny Scanner- PDF scanner, etc.)
- Request a Concurrent Enrollment letter from your primary school (you will need one for each semester you enroll at HCC), then scan and save it on your computer as PDF file. To upload, please save all pages into one PDF file. No not upload password protected documents!
Step 4: Upload documents to your F-1 Student Checklist
- Log in to your account on the HCC Student System
- In Student Homepage, click on Checklists
- Click on the F-1 Student Checklist to upload the required documents (If you do not see an F-1 Student Checklist, please send an email to oiss.international@hccs with your HCC student ID, "Concurrent," and semester you're applying for, written in the subject line. Check your account again within 3 business days, and the F-1 Student Checklist should now be available.)
New applicants should wait about 2 hours after submission of the online application to access their F-1 Student Checklist.
* Monitor your F-1 Student Checklist for additional documents that may be required.
Step 5: Proof of meningitis vaccine
Submit proof of the meningitis vaccine (if you are under 22 years old) at a campus or email to email@example.com. The system will not allow you to enroll in classes until your proof of vaccination has been processed.
Step 6: Submit official transcript
HCC will use unofficial transcripts/grade reports and TSI scores for initial advisement and placement purposes. However, a transcript hold will be placed on your record until an official transcript is received in the Office of Student Records within the first semester of enrollment. English proficiency test may apply.
You may submit a transcript or score report by:
- Taking it to the Registrar’s Office on campus.
- Electronic submission from your school.
- Directly mailing a sealed transcript.
Transcript submission instructions: https://www.hccs.edu/resources-for/current-students/transcripts/
If you need to directly mail an official transcript or score report to HCC, please use the following address:
Houston Community College
Office of Student Records
P.O. Box 667517, MC 1136
Houston TX 77266-7517
If you have a college transcript from a country outside of the United States, please visit the Transfer Room for more information.
Step 7: Register and pay for classes.
If this is your first time enrolling at HCC, you will need to set up a virtual appontment with academic advisor at the HCC campus where you are planning to attend classes. Placement tests or pre-requisites may apply. For additionl help, you can lso email firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 8: Attend class
Print a schedule for your records and attend classes.