Resources for Students
This page provides students guidance related to messages from Chancellor Maldonado about College measures designed to help limit the coronavirus (COVID-19) risk on campus. The facts related to COVID-19 in the city of Houston are changing rapidly, so it is important to keep checking in. Please read all email communications and text alerts.
Helpful Resources for Students:
- Overview of Accessing Student Services Remotely – a snapshot of how you can access all Student Services remotely; links to specific topic areas also provided below:
- Student Instructional Resources – information about Canvas, training, software resources and library services
- WiFI & Device Support for Students – information about technology and internet resources available to students who need help in the transition to online
- Summer Students: Toolkit for Success – information to help you prepare and succeed in your online Summer courses.
COVID-19 Forms & Reporting:
HCC is implementing a variety of safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 when campuses reopen. One of the safety measures is to prevent individuals who may be infected with COVID-19 from accessing HCC buildings.
Once campuses reopen, students should ask themselves the following questions prior to returning to campus:
- Symptoms of COVID 19:
- In the past 10 days have you had any of the following symptoms? Cough, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, chills, diarrhea, headache or fever over 100.0 Fahrenheit.
- In the past 14 days have you traveled to an area identified by the CDC, federal, state, or local officials that requires quarantine upon your return?
- Contact with COVID 19:
- In the past 14 days have you had known contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
If you answer yes to any of the above you will not be permitted on campus without prior authorization. Anyone that answers yes to the above and has plans to return to campus in the next 14 days is asked to please complete this form Student Self-Reporting Form. After the form has been completed, someone from Student Services will contact you to review your circumstances and determine when you will be permitted to return to campus.