Connect - Engage - Succeed
Academic Coaching for Success
The top priority of an academic coach is to educate Houston Community College (HCC) students about college resources and provide strategies to help increase their opportunities to be successful.
Academic Success Coaches help students in the following ways:
- Provide tips for moving student plans forward
- Help students identify and overcome barriers
- Help students navigate the college environment and understand academic expectations
- Brainstorm about available resources to reach students reach their goals and meet challenges
- Explore ways for students to become more socially connected and engaged at HCC
- Review and discuss essential success strategies (such as: Time management, stress management, study skills)
- Refer students to important college resources and services
- Clarify students’ academic and personal goals
Academic Coach Contact Information
Learning Emporium – SJAC Building Room 384
Hours: Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Learning Center Scarcella Center E107
Hours: Monday & Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.; Tuesday: 10:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Thursday 11:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Learning Center: Room 423
Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:00 a.m.-7:00p.m.; Friday: 1:00p.m. - 4:00p.m.
Saturday: 9:00a.m - 3:00p.m.
Learning Center: Room B139 & B137
Hours: Monday- Wednesday: 2:30p.m - 7:00p.m; Thursday: 2:30p.m.- 6:30p.m