Connect - Engage - Succeed
Academic Coaching for Success
The top priority of an academic coach is to educate Houston Community College (HCC) students about college resources and provide strategies to help increase their opportunities to be successful.
Academic Success Coaches help students in the following ways:
- Provide tips for moving student plans forward
- Help students identify and overcome barriers
- Help students navigate the college environment and understand academic expectations
- Brainstorm about available resources to reach students reach their goals and meet challenges
- Explore ways for students to become more socially connected and engaged at HCC
- Review and discuss essential success strategies (such as: Time management, stress management, study skills)
- Refer students to important college resources and services
- Clarify students’ academic and personal goals
Academic Coach Contact Information
Central Campus San Jacinto Building
Learning Emporium – SJAC Room 382
Hours: Monday & Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Stafford Campus Learning Center Scarcella Center E107
Hours: Monday & Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.; Tuesday: 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.; Thursday 12 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
West Loop Campus Learning Center: Room 150
Hours: Monday – Wednesday: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.; Thursday: 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.