Student Services

Student Services

Student Services
The mission of the Student Services Division is to foster a learning environment that supports students in their educational journeys. This includes engaging students in innovative co-curricular programs and providing exceptional support services to promote their intellectual and social development.

Advising Services
HCC requires all new HCC students to enroll in a Student Success Course in their first semester to help them determine their major and plan their degree path. Once a student has selected his/her “major,” instructors who teach the courses in that field (e.g., accounting, computer science, history, etc.) will be his/her best academic advisors. If a student plans to transfer to complete a baccalaureate degree, it is important to determine a major and the transfer institution as soon as possible, because different universities may have different requirements. New students are assigned an advisor upon completion of the admission application. Advisors provide one-on-one advising support for students, assist with pathway planning, and provide information about institutional and external resources available to students. Please visit for more information regarding advising services and locating an advisor.

Student Services Contact Center
The Student Services Contact Center provides information and registration assistance to future, current and returning Houston Community College students. Students may email inquiries online to or chat live with knowledgeable associates regarding registration, admissions, academic and student services. Information, answers to frequently asked questions, and a video library can be found 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More information regarding the Student Services Contact Center can be found at

Alumni Association
The HCC Alumni Association was organized to advance the growth and development of the college and increase the presence of HCC alumni in the Houston community; promote the personal, educational, and professional development of alumni; and establish and maintain a scholarship fund for individuals who would not otherwise be able to pursue a college education. Membership is offered to all who have successfully completed any course at HCC as well as to outstanding persons who possess the principles and ideals of the Association. The HCC Alumni Association has an Advisory Council to advise and provide input to alumni activities and events on behalf of alumni membership. All HCC alumni are encouraged to participate with the Alumni Association. To learn more about the HCC Alumni Association, please visit,

Child Care
HCC-Central offers childcare through a private vendor at a discounted rate for all HCC full- and part-time students and staff at the YMCA at HCC Child Development Lab School. The center serves children 6 weeks - 5 years of age, Monday thru Friday, 7:00 am - 5:30 pm. Lab school staff are not supervised by HCC, but are expected to follow the guidelines of developmentally appropriate practice and state minimum. For more information call (713) 718-5437or visit 3214 Austin Street for enrollment or see

For more information on the YMCA, please see the Houston Community College section at the following website:
Childcare assistance is also available through Workforce Solutions. For more information on eligibility criteria, visit