Scaffold Builder Training Program FAQs
What is involved in scaffold building?
Transporting, erecting, disassembling, storing and maintaining scaffolding systems in accordance with industry standards.
What are the entrance requirements?
- 18 years of age or older
- Pass drug test
What are the physical requirements?
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Must be able to walk 2-3 miles
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
- Must be able to manage heights
- Must be able to wear protective equipment and tools
- Must be able to tolerate outside climate conditions
How long is the training program?
- Track 1: 2-week boot camp
- Track 2: GED/ESL training + 2-week boot camp
What are the training costs?
- Tuition - $895.00
- Drug Test - $35.00
- Steel-toed boots - $100.00
Do you help with job placement?
- Training will prepare you for entry-level positions. Scaffolding representative(s) will be onsite last two days of training class to evaluate student performances and employment considerations.
What is the average starting salary for Basic Access Scaffold Builders?
- $13.00 – to $15.00+ hourly
Why is training and certification important?
- Improves your marketability
- Expresses your interest in career development
- Allows you to hire into partner companies at a higher designation if you have no previous experience.
Is there Financial Assistance available?
Yes – based on funding availability for qualifying candidates, the following can be considered:
Accelerate Texas »
TPEG (Texas Public Education Grant) »