Harris County Promise
Harris County Promise is powered by a partnership between Alief Taylor HS and HCC. Through the Harris County Promise program, HCC provides scholarships to qualifying students who graduate from Alief Taylor HS.
New Students | Requirements to Qualify
- Be a 2019-20 graduate from Alief Taylor HS who qualifies for federal financial aid for citizens or state financial aid for undocumented students.
- An academic year includes fall, spring and summer semesters. Students are eligible beginning in the fall after high school graduation.
- Meet the Harris County Promise deadlines.
- *There is no minimum high school grade point average.
Current Students | Requirements to Stay in Program
Credit Hours and Degree Requirements
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours per fall or spring semester. Scholars may enroll in fewer than 12 credit hours during the final semester if fewer than 12 credit hours are required for degree completion.
- Promise Scholars must enroll in a qualifying credit or continuing education program leading to a credit degree or certificate. These programs must be classified as “reimbursable” by the State of Texas.
- Scholars may not receive Promise funding for more than 36 credit hours per academic year (fall, spring, and summer semesters).
Academic and Success Requirements
- Scholars must maintain a 2.0 GPA each semester of the program beginning the second semester of enrollment.
- Check-in with success coach, Erik Jaimes (firstname.lastname@example.org | 713.718.2101) at minimum, once per semester. Check-in must be acknowledged by a Promise success coach as being completed satisfactorily.
Financial Aid Requirements
- Renew their FAFSA/TASFA each year before fall classes begin.
- Scholars must meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements in order to remain in the program.