Financial aid grants and loans may be available to assist with books in the College Bookstore. Students will be able to use "anticipated" financial aid to purchase books/supplies at the bookstore from August 16th until December 7th, 2019.
Once your "anticipated" aid is available to use to purchase books at College Bookstore, you will receive an email with details and next steps.
Things You Need to Know (read this)
- GRANTS: When you have grant funds leftover after tuition and fees, your financial aid is available to assist with purchasing books beginning ten (10) days prior to the start of classes.
- LOANS: When you have loan funds leftover after tuition and fees, your loans are available to assist with purchasing books beginning on the second day of classes. In order for your aid to be available in the bookstore, you must complete all loan requirements (enrollment and attendance in 6 or more credits, completed loan promissory note and completed entrance loan counseling).
- REFUNDS: The authorized aid to use in the bookstore is a part of your total financial aid award package. Whatever is left over AFTER buying your books will be your refund amount.
Your “Estimated Refund" is displayed under your financial aid award description in the student portal. Every time you spend money in the Bookstore, your estimated refund will reduce. Please use your bookstore credit funds wisely.
- COURSES WITH LOW-COST AND ZERO-COST TEXTBOOKS: Through HCC’s Z-Degree Program, there are courses with low -cost and zero-cost for textbooks.
When looking for courses in PeopleSoft, all students can search for low-cost books or zero-cost books by searching for “textbook savings” in the search bar. Once you search “textbook savings,” qualifying courses will have “L” for low-cost books and “Z” for zero-cost books. These qualifying low-cost books or zero-cost books courses will not require more than $40 in total textbook costs. If the course has low -cost and zero-costs for textbooks, your professor will give details on how to access through Canvas.
What to Bring to the Bookstore
A photo ID is required when using financial aid at the bookstore. To expedite the purchasing process, please bring your photo ID and fee bill with you to the bookstore. The HCC Bookstore is open and ready to serve you in our 8 locations and online at www.shophccbookstore.com.
Message from Bookstore about Flat Rate Shipping, Price Matching and Which Books to Buy
The HCC Bookstore is open and ready to serve you in our 8 locations and online at www.shophccbookstore.com.
Flat Rate Shipping
We are offering flat rate shipping this term, so you can avoid the lines and have your selections sent to you. We also offer in store pickup at any of our 8 HCC Bookstore locations. This does take an additional 48 hours from time of processing, as the orders are sent via courier to each location. For any questions regarding your order, simply hit reply to your email confirmation or send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
The HCC Bookstore will Price match BN.com and Amazon.com. To do this, titles must be an ISBN match, be in stock and be owned and shipped by BN.com or Amazon.com.
Finding What You Need
If you are unsure about what you need, you can use the "buy my books" button on the right side of the course registration page. This link will allow your class schedule to open in our website and will show you all of your options.
You can also find class specific information by following our new Canvas link. For course specific information, follow the Canvas link from your professor to our webpage.
Download App and Deals
Once you have placed an order, you can follow your order using our mobile app, by pasting the links below in your browser. New installs will also get a coupon good for 25% off one imprinted item at your campus store.
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-college-bookstore-barnes/id909434792?ls=1&mt=8 (ITunes)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fueled.bnc (Google)