Attention HCC Eagles - this is where we will post important financial aid announcements. We will consistently update it, so check back in and share with a friend.
Financial Aid Announcements
COVID-19 Update | Fall 2020 Semester
- COVID-19 FINANCIAL AID UPDATE: We understand that the COVID-19 situation has many of our students facing challenges in employment, childcare availability and course delivery. During this time, we understand you need immediate up-to-date information regarding your financial aid eligibility. You can rely on our Q&A page for the most up-to-date information regarding HCC’s Financial Aid services. Click here to view Financial Aid COVID-19 Update.
- EMERGENCY AID AVAILABLE: To find out more about eligibility requirements and how to apply for assistance, visit our Emergency Help Page.
- TWO WAYS TO FILL OUT THE 2019-2020 FAFSA: ONLINE AND MOBILE APP: Once you’re ready, you have two ways to complete the FAFSA form —the fafsa.gov website or the new myStudentAid mobile app. Using the app, you can fill out the FAFSA form safely and securely from your mobile device. On the app, you can also manage your FSA ID, view your federal student aid history and loan information, and more. The myStudentAid app is available from both the Apple App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android).
- STATE AID FOR UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS: Qualifying undocumented students are eligible to receive state financial aid. The first step is to fill out the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA). For more information, please click here.
Are all of your courses covered by Financial Aid?
Financial Aid is awarded based on your enrollment status.
- Full-Time Status – Enrolled in 12 or more credits
- Three-Quarter-Time Status – Enrolled in 9 – 11 credits
- Half-time Status – Enrolled in 6 – 8 credits
- Less than Half-Time Status – 1 – 5 credits
When you enroll in a course that is not part of your active program plan, the course credits cannot be counted toward the enrollment status that determines the amount of financial aid awarded to you.
Your financial aid has been adjusted based on the classes that apply to your program plan. If your adjusted financial aid package is not enough to cover full cost of the courses that aren’t on your program plan, you will be responsible for any unpaid tuition and fees.
NEXT STEPS: CONTACT YOUR ASSIGNED ACADEMIC ADVISOR
Please connect with your assigned academic advisor to review which courses you need to complete your academic program plan.
Below are steps to find your assigned academic advisor.
- Visit HCC MyEagle https://myeagle.hccs.edu and select ‘Student Sign-in’ to login
- Click Continue
- Select “Academic Progress” tile
- Select “Advisors” on left to see assigned academic advisor
Steps for Current or Returning Students
If you are a current or returning student, please click on the following CareerHub link https://shibboleth-hccs-csm.symplicity.com/sso/ to schedule a virtual advising appointment with your assigned Academic Advisor. Advising sessions can be conducted via webcam, telephone, or email.
Steps if no assigned Academic Advisor
If you do not have an assigned Academic Advisor, please visit Virtual Lobby, select your desired College location, under Department select Advising to meet with an Academic Advisor at the desired location, and next, in the Comment section, indicate your reason for the request.