Newsletter from Trustee Dr. Cynthia Lenton-Gary, District VII
Feb 8, 2021
Houston Community College is here for you to achieve your educational goals. In particular, we have a range of workforce training programs that can open doors to career opportunities in highdemand occupations, such as computer technician, human resources specialist, accounting, and medical technician.
Please be assured that HCC continues to follow CDC-recommended safety protocols to ensure in-person classes are safe. Our classes are convenient, and we have more learning options to choose from than ever before. They include:
- Flex Campus: Students enroll in classes and have the choice to attend either online or in person at the scheduled dates and times
- Lab-Based Courses: HCC’s skills-based, hands-on lab courses host fewer students per section to enable social distancing
- Online Anytime: Students take classes online at any time. These are traditional online classes, and students never come to campus
- Online on a Schedule: Students take classes online at scheduled class time they select when enrolling, and never come to campus
More information is available online at hccs.edu/now. Our financial aid staff at hccs.edu/financial-aid can also advise you on how to apply for Pell Grants and in refiling Federal Student Aid applications.
Here are other helpful links:
- Free & Reduced Cost Technology: hccs.edu/techhelp
- Childcare options: hccs.edu/childcare
- Career/job placement: hccs.edu/careerhub
- Small business support: hccs.edu/oei
We are ready to assist you. Call 713.718.2000 or email us at email@example.com to get started on achieving your educational goals at HCC!
Cynthia Lenton-Gary, Ph.D.
HCC Board of Trustees
Secretary, District VII
Download as PDF
Download as RTF