HCC Central College to hold grand opening for One Button Studio Feb. 4
Jan 24, 2019
HCC Central will soon help students, faculty and staff produce digital assignments that will enhance the learning process through its One Button Studio, a simplified video recording space that can be used without any previous production knowledge.
“Having a room that is already wired for audio, lights and recording equipment will reduce the technological stress many people experience when completing coursework or wanting to create a video," says Erica Hubbard, Director of Library Services at HCC Central.
"Now, anyone at the college will be able to create high quality, video products with a simple push of a button, and we are excited to make this available."
The One Button Studio (OBS) also can be used by HCC students, faculty and staff to:
- Enhance clinical training in a variety of mock-patient interactions, such as the documenting of medical histories
- Practice and review mock interviews for job searches
- Complete and record career presentations for student success classes
- Rehearse speeches for Speech Communications classes
- Create instructional videos for student employees
- Record and upload videos to YouTube/EduTube
- Record lectures for online classes
The grand opening takes place at 11 a.m., Monday, Feb. 4, at the HCC Central Library, 1300 Holman Street, on the third floor of the Learning Hub Science Building. Light refreshments will be served.