Commencement Ceremony for GED® Graduates
HCC will hold a GED Ceremony at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at the Central College in the San Jacinto Building Auditorium.
- The academic cap should be worn straight, and pulled down slightly on the forehead.
- The tassel of the cap should be worn on the right first, and then changed to the left at the end of the ceremony
- Suggested clothing to be worn under the gown:
- Men - White shirt, dark tie, dark slacks, dark shoes, and dark socks. No sandals
- Women - Lightweight fabric and dark shoes with low or medium heels. No sandals
- Graduates should carry nothing in their hands.
- For the safety and security of those attending the commencement, no bags will be permitted in the back staging area with students. This includes, but not limited to purses, backpacks, camera bags, and diaper bags.
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed.
- Balloons not allowed