The Construction Engineering Technology program is designed to develop qualified personnel for employment in the field of construction or to enhance the workplace skills of those already employed in the industry for career advancement.
Degrees and Certificates
The Construction Technology program is designed to develop qualified personnel for employment in the field of construction or to enhance the workplace skills of those already employed in the industry for career advancement. Job opportunities include management and supervisory positions in construction of residential and commercial buildings and other related industries.
In addition, please note that a student may only earn one Occupational Skills Award (OSA) per academic year.
TSI testing required prior to first enrollment for all AAS degrees and Level II certificates.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate the proper use/selection and maintenance of hand and power tools and measuring instruments.
- Interpret and decode information found in blueprints, specifications, and applicable documents related to construction projects.
- Describe the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing components in construction and interpret applicable building codes.
- Utilize computer and related software to access, estimate, coordinate, and schedule construction projects.
There are 13,212 Construction Managers employed in the Greater Houston Area. This number is expected to increase by 1.6% over the next four years.
- The estimated annual job openings is 391 jobs a year.
- Median Wages - $30.90 hourly, $64,000 annually
About Continuing Education certificates
Continuing Education certificates offer contact hours, not academic credit. One Continuing Education Unit, or CEU, is 10 contact hours of successful participation/completion in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction. CEUs are not substituted for college credit hours, but rather are a means of reporting continuing education activities. Transcripts listing CEU credits satisfactorily completed are available on request. CEUs are recognized internationally as a measure of substantial professional education and training.
Read FAQs and more