Paying for College: Easy as 1, 2, 3
Step 1: Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for financial aid, complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The information you provide determines whether you qualify for federal and state grants and federal loans based on financial need.
Students are encouraged to file their FAFSA application as early as possible and utilize the Data Retrieval Tool to access tax return information.
Step 2: Check Status
Students can log into myHCC to:
- Review requirement documentation on the "To Do List" located on the upper right hand side of the home page.
- Activate the student HCC email account. All notices, status updated, and announcements will be sent to the HCC email account.
- View Financial Aid Status.
- Accept or Decline Student Loan Offers (Financial aid awards are processed daily)
- Financial Aid disbursements (payment applied to charges and appear as a credit to the student account) are processed two or three times each week.
- Financial Aid refunds (excess funds transmitted to student through the BankMobile account) are processed once a week.
Step 3: Receive Award Notification
Students will receive email communications each semester from HCC and BankMobile when aid disbursements and refunds have been processed and made available to the student.
Financial aid funds are not released to students until they are earned. Students earn financial aid funds by successfully attending classes for a period of time. Students will begin to receive excess aid funds when they have been attending classes for at least 5 to 6 weeks (all classes, including late start).
More about the awards, disbursement and refunds
See Glossary of Terms for further explanation of financial aid terminology.
Step 4: Payment Plan Information
For more information about payment plans, click here: http://www.hccs.edu/district/students/apply/installment-payment-plans/
Step 5: Announcements
Click here for all important financial aid announcements. We will consistently update it, so check back in and share with a friend.
For additional information regarding HCC policies, financial aid topics, health and safety, and student outcomes, please visit .