Steps to College Connection
College Connection combines everything you need to get ready for college into one easy program. Regardless of where you plan to attend college, although we hope you want to begin at HCC, many of the initial steps you need to take are the same. College Connection at HCC provides you with assistance to complete the admissions process to make your transition into higher education easy and less challenging.
1) Admissions Application – All students wishing to attend HCC must submit an HCC Admissions Application. College Connection will provide you with hands-on assistance when applying online.
Submit an HCC Admissions Application at: www.hccs.edu/application.
2) Testing – All colleges require students to be tested. The tests measure your college level readiness in areas such as Reading, Writing, and Mathematics prior to enrollment.
For more information on testing visit: www.hccs.edu/testing.
3) Financial Aid – Many students qualify for financial aid from the federal or state governments. This is often a difficult but necessary process. College Connection is available to assist you with the online application process.
For the Free Application for Federal Student Aid visit: www.fafsa.ed.gov.
4) Academic Advising – College Connection will work with you to determine what courses you should take and your intended major.
To seek Advising help visit: www.hccs.edu/advising
5) Career Exploration – We will work with you to examine your interests and aptitudes to determine what jobs or careers you should pursue.
Visit the TypeFocus website: careers.typefocus.com.
To begin, go to the Contact Us page and contact your High School Counselor or College Access Coordinator.