A.3.2 Governance Board Internal Organization: Board Officers and Officials: Duties, Requirements - Board Chair
Responsible Department: Board of Trustees
Date Approved/Amended: December 2, 2010
The Board Chair shall:
- Preside over meetings of the Board pursuant to Robert's Rules of Order.
- Appoint all committees, committee chairs and designated alternates.
- Serve as ex-officio voting member of all Board committees.
- Call special meetings of the Board.
- Perform duties and functions prescribed by the Board.
- Call and provide proper notice for a meeting of the Board to adopt a budget for the succeeding fiscal year.
- Sign all legal documents, including contracts, warrants, vouchers and reports, as required by state or federal law, or a current edition of Board policy.
- Decide all questions of order in accordance with Roberts Rules of Order, Newly Revised, as modified by Board policy and/or laws. However, said rules may be suspended by a two-thirds vote of the board's total membership.
- Promote board unity and share all information with other board members in a timely fashion.
Should a vacancy be declared in the Board Chair position, the Board shall elect a permanent replacement to fill the remainder of the term.